PDA

View Full Version : Timing Marks

Flash Arghhh
14-03-2009, 15:37
Hello just done a search and couldn't fine anything.

I'm just wanting to know if there are any marks on the bottom end for timing.
I've noticed there is a dipple on the the bottom end sprocket but can't see anything to lione it up to.

Also have a gates belt which has 3 white lines to first two are for the cam sprockets, should the 3rd white line line up to the dipple on the bottom end?
Not sure if it has the right flywheel on, are the flywheel timing marks the same on valver, willys and megs?

I have a F7R engine.

Cheers in advance.

volymmannen
15-03-2009, 11:11
Hello just done a search and couldn't fine anything.

I'm just wanting to know if there are any marks on the bottom end for timing.
I've noticed there is a dipple on the the bottom end sprocket but can't see anything to lione it up to.

Also have a gates belt which has 3 white lines to first two are for the cam sprockets, should the 3rd white line line up to the dipple on the bottom end?
Not sure if it has the right flywheel on, are the flywheel timing marks the same on valver, willys and megs?

I have a F7R engine.

Cheers in advance.
yes the 3rd should line up the dipple on the bottom end, if the cambelt is turned the right way (arrows)

MAXIBOY
16-03-2009, 13:00
there a bolt on the front of the block which can have a cam timing tool..or 7mm allen key inserted which holds the crank at tdc..

Flash Arghhh
16-03-2009, 16:12
timed it up now, given it a few turns by hand and it hasn't hit any valves or they are now all bent out of shape and don't hit hahaha

Wobba
16-03-2009, 16:27
timed it up now, given it a few turns by hand and it hasn't hit any valves or they are now all bent out of shape and don't hit hahaha

Lol. Are all the pulleys lined up with the timing belt marks? If you hae cranked by hand it should be good to go.

cliokiz
16-03-2009, 18:31

I think you'd struggle to bend valves turning it by hand :)

They're quite strong really!

Flash Arghhh
16-03-2009, 19:06
Might be a really strong bloke lol, if i was one tooth out would i know about it? would i hit a valve? I've done it to the marks just wondering how close the valves are to the piston when its going