PDA

View Full Version : Car cutting out, HELP!

titcharoony
14-03-2009, 13:22
Was driving the other day and car cut out. Could hear a clicking, and the car wouldn't immediately start. The clicking i can only assume was the fuel relay, as i couldnt hear the fuel pump start up. Finally it did, then the car was going again. It cut out, then back on, the cut out, then back on. Self bumping didnt make any difference. Leaving the car to go cold for a bit made a bit of difference fora while, but eventually car wouldnt cut out. Had AA man out, and he looking in the box under the bonnet (i can only assume thats where the relays are, there are 3?) and he said he could hear a clicking repeatedly. Swopped them around and said he doesnt suspect the relays themselves, but rather the wiring going to them. Wiggling the wiring did nothing, we were stood looking at the car and we could hear the relay clicking, fuel pump prime, then click off again, then on, the off.
Anyone got any thoguhts before i take to auto electrics? The battery was drained of life few days before, but was charged overnight, and the car did 120 miles before it started cutting out, without any problems.