PDA

View Full Version : Products for cleaning zee willy

LEIGH-ANNE
04-03-2009, 15:56
Right so a friend of mine has this sat at home....

He says u basically give car a good clean, smear this stuff all over and it will take a layer of shine off :shock: :? It works like wax so u have to do a small part at a time and then scrub it all off :( ....... It leaves the bodywork dull until u then put a really good lot of wax back on.

I think the aim is to smear the paint with this stuff as i think it may be gritty to cover over scratches. Then adding shine back to it with the wax...

:?

Anyone used it before im a little sceptible.... :?

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/leighanne24/photo-185.jpg

rickyquicky
04-03-2009, 16:22
your a little sceptible? :P

its good stuff, thats cutting compound. mentioned in this thread:

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34389&sid=83549585ee74a384b2488d092e5b7036

its slightly abrasive and takes out scratches in the lacquer, it wont make your paint particularly dull though.

and you only need to use a little, and use a wet cloth or put a bit of water on your car to help spread it around, you need to use a polisher ideally its not 'wax on wax off' stuff :lol:

MatrixGuy
04-03-2009, 18:29
I wouldn't use the stuff personally.

What are your goals Leigh Anne? :)

LEIGH-ANNE
04-03-2009, 19:03
May i ask whys?

Well more for long term effects which i hope to keep this up every 6 months or so. And keeping to it so i dont let things slide and start looking tatty. Panels are proberly the easiest to start with by detailing it all. Willy owners close to me no im a clean freak (OCD :oops: ) and will do a very good job at it :wink:

I noticed in coops' thread that 'chris' was detailing around window sills. I have rust setting in under one of mine as i think the seal may be perished hense water just sitting there with rust setting in fast!

Hoping to get that sorted. And sort any other minor bodywork fails i find along the way and getting things tip top

:D

katbloke
04-03-2009, 20:01
g3 is harsh as and needs to be applied with loads of water, its hard to remove anything via hand, a machine is always better using macine polishes

MatrixGuy
04-03-2009, 20:54
May i ask whys?

Well more for long term effects which i hope to keep this up every 6 months or so. And keeping to it so i dont let things slide and start looking tatty. Panels are proberly the easiest to start with by detailing it all. Willy owners close to me no im a clean freak (OCD :oops: ) and will do a very good job at it :wink:

I noticed in coops' thread that 'chris' was detailing around window sills. I have rust setting in under one of mine as i think the seal may be perished hense water just sitting there with rust setting in fast!

Hoping to get that sorted. And sort any other minor bodywork fails i find along the way and getting things tip top

:D

If you can afford it i would get the car professionally detailed. This can make a huge difference, especially on dated paintworks. I would do it for you but am not insured (not that i would mess up! lol)

Take a look on here, this is a site i use quite alot for my cleaning products.

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

broken willy
04-03-2009, 21:21
g3's ment for removing light scratches, if theres no scratch there then i wouldnt bother using it! we sell something at work called 'dimondbrite' its a permenant polish which fuses to your paintwork and carrys a lifetime garantee. its good stuff, worked a treat on mine