PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Line Replacement

Adi82
01-03-2009, 23:37
Ok my fuel line decided to split while at the shops today and dumped £15 of fuel while i was trying to make it home. Ended up stopping walking home and returning with tools to fix the problem.

The feed to the fuel rail had split just where it joins to the the rail. Simply cut it off and re-joined, not ideal as now the line is shorter than it should be. This also happend about 2 years ago in the same place.

Decided to purchase some braided lines with some hose clips and I want to route them differently. Anyone got any photos of the best way to route them. Also is 8mm x 1m the correct dimensions for both the feed and return lines or do I need them to be a bit longer to route them differently.

Thanks

Adi

cliokiz
02-03-2009, 15:00
You'll need them a bit longer to route them differently.

Most people just route them around the top engine mount but i guess there's plenty of routes you can take.

I've a standard fuel rail with fuel lines attached if you're after some genuine shaped replacements.

Adi82
02-03-2009, 18:19
Ok so i need them slightly longer than 1m for the different routing. Problem being most places sell the braided stuff in 1m lengths with a rubber end for fitment. Where can i order say 3m of braided hose and can I simply cut this length down?

MAXIBOY
02-03-2009, 21:21
demon tweeks mate can be cut with a hacksaw

snowman
02-03-2009, 22:03
wrap it tight with pvc tape then cut the middle of that,stops the braid from fraying

MAXIBOY
02-03-2009, 22:13
good post

yeah i used shrink wrap heat applied stuff like used on electrical connections

Adi82
02-03-2009, 23:05
Excellent will get it ordered tomorrow thanks guys.

Adi

Wobba
03-03-2009, 14:53
wrap it tight with pvc tape then cut the middle of that,stops the braid from fraying

I did this and it works, just be careful with routing them and keep the tap on till both ends are at their destinations.

I used the standard routing for my lines, through the OE hoops and clips. You'll need over a metre on one of them and about a metre on the other.