PDA

View Full Version : Beanie's Lightweight bonnet GROUP BUY BONANZA

Beaniemoo
26-02-2009, 19:50
Right all you lightweight fans I've got a seriously interesting group buy opotunity for you all. I'm organising a group buy for high quality lightweight bonnets which will not only reduce the high up weight on your car improving stability it'll also bolt on the original mounts and lock into the catch as the standard one does.
There are a couple of options to choose from first of which is.

£230+vat Fibreglass (full replica, ready to bolt on, fully fibreglass)
This could also be painted to match your colour but that will mean it needs collecting from Bedford lol. Pm me if that might interest you.

£395+vat Standard carbon (full replica, ready to bolt on, fibreglass (gloss black) inner frame, carbon fibre outer surface)

£395+vat Race carbon bonnet skin. (pure carbon stiffened skin to be pinned on without frame)

£495+vat Fully carbon (full replica bonnet, ready to bolt-on, carbon fibre inner and outer surfaces)

Obviously all these bonnets will be valver/williams style bonnets and basically I need any combination of bonnets adding up to 2grand which i'm already in for 395 of and pretty sure I hac=ve someone else in for the same amount so not far to go.

Coops
27-02-2009, 15:29
weights of all the options man?

AndyFielder
27-02-2009, 15:54
is it not cheaper to buy elsewere? by £100 or so

Beaniemoo
27-02-2009, 17:40
The weights are obviously a bit of an unknown until one is produced but the k tec bonnet I had was around 10kg which was very thick fibreglass with just a hint of carbon on the surface so even the fibreglass ones will be a VAST saving weight wise. However if weight is your thing then get yourself 400quid together and get one of the carbon skins, they're pure carbon no fibreglass and will weigh feathers, seriously.

As far as i can work out these bonnets are really reasonably priced since the pound sterling fell to peices fastcarspares fibreglass bonnet is now near on 300quid!! also they're imported from france and I Know better than most you could well be waiting a very very long time for it whereas theses will be ready much sooner once we go ahead.

Cheers

Coops
27-02-2009, 20:06
i dont think i want a skin, as would have to work out how to fully aerocatch it etc, dont want pins as they look messy :oops:

fibreglass skinned one may be good, how much is a std bonnet in its weight based entirety :?:

stevie_b
28-02-2009, 13:37
Standard bonnet weighs 17kg. Decent fibreglass one should be under 5kg, so a big saving in weight there.

Beaniemoo
01-03-2009, 00:59
There you go thats a damn good saving and it's simply win win, you gain on the power to weight and your cars handling will improve because your loosing weight above the cntre of gravity! Bargain at just a couple of hundred quid :D

Beaniemoo
08-03-2009, 12:10
Right chaps the weights are in and i think they're sounding very good indeed. The carbon fibreglass framed bonnet will weigh in at a measely 5kg which is a quarter the weight of a std bonnet!!! UBER. Fibreglass ones are sounding really promising too at just 7.5kg and for those of you like me who dream in feathers the race skin is gonna weigh in at a down right sexual 3KG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if this sounds like your cup of tea let me know as there's a pretty decent amount of interest out there so touch wood it looks like it'll be going ahead :D

jh_16v
12-03-2009, 21:42
Any pics of the fibreglass framed one?

Joe

Beaniemoo
12-03-2009, 22:28
No pictures at the moment i'm afraid as i need a certain amount of customers before they'll start the mould and make the bonnets. However i'm not far at all from that number of people interested so it's getting pretty exciting now :twisted:

Tanks
21-05-2009, 07:42
Bump

Beaniemoo
21-05-2009, 18:55
Cheers fella, we only need one more person in on this and I can get seriously on the case of sorting this.

cliokongen
16-11-2009, 22:27
This group buy still alive?

flash
17-11-2009, 23:53
yeah i might be interested if i manage to my act together in sorting hybrid out..