PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged Clio

J o n
24-02-2009, 15:13
... in 2 weeks it begins :)

schakal
24-02-2009, 16:14
is this an of the shelf kit or home made ??
picss :P :P

bill.
24-02-2009, 16:58
thought you had a throttle boddied 172 no?

J o n
24-02-2009, 17:26
Omex/GDI are doing it all for me Schaks. I wish I knew enough to have a go myself, but I'm more than happy to let Andy, Danny and Richard do it all! lol

I might have some involvement in the mapping side of things if Andy or Richard get chance to teach me how to do the ignition timing, as that's the only bit I'd be really unsure on!

Pics will of course be provided along the way, as I have a feeling they will use it as part of the instructions for the self fit option :)

Bill it's currently on Jenvey 45mm parallel ITB's yeah. This weekend it made 200.0bhp and 162/lbs/ft on the Superflow Autodyn 30, so if I get another 50bhp and lbs/ft of torque I'll be a happy chappy :)

FlamingMonkey
24-02-2009, 17:30
'bout time :affro:

bill.
24-02-2009, 17:47
wow, i like the sounds of this, could be tempted myself as a 205 replacement in the future, i'll keep my eyes on it 8)

wavy
24-02-2009, 18:04
not in time for the jjb meet :(

nice going jon bet its gonna fly 8)

J o n
24-02-2009, 18:21
I know rob, it's just money really that was stopping me, but I've got my ITB's to sell and I have a bit of cash to play with next month... only problem is this means I might struggle to fund this trackday! Given the choice however it's an easy one, as I'll still go either way whether I track it that day or not :)

Bill, there's no reason this cant be done to a 205 either mate! One of their engineers Danny has a 205 that's being Mi16'd that will either be a HC NA bodied beast... or a LC charged animal. The chargers aint cheap with the economy at the moment, but I think power, reliability and tracability will basically spell the end for turbo conversions. The Rotrex will make more power due to having better efficiency than nearly any modern turbo and without the lag. Drivetrain will take much less of a pasting as will the fragile JC5's! lol

Dave, I'm coming to the meet, but will be in standard ITB's form for it... so there will be a fair number of vastly quicker cars... like Coops! Well, until there are corners in which I dont think anything can touch it driven properly (so not me driving basically!)

hybridhughes
27-02-2009, 20:06
... in 2 weeks it begins :)
you will love it mate ours at work goes really well, pulls and pulls just got to change the engine now for the forged bottom end then we can really wind it up :D

bill.
03-03-2009, 18:03
I know rob, it's just money really that was stopping me, but I've got my ITB's to sell and I have a bit of cash to play with next month... only problem is this means I might struggle to fund this trackday! Given the choice however it's an easy one, as I'll still go either way whether I track it that day or not :)

Bill, there's no reason this cant be done to a 205 either mate! One of their engineers Danny has a 205 that's being Mi16'd that will either be a HC NA bodied beast... or a LC charged animal. The chargers aint cheap with the economy at the moment, but I think power, reliability and tracability will basically spell the end for turbo conversions. The Rotrex will make more power due to having better efficiency than nearly any modern turbo and without the lag. Drivetrain will take much less of a pasting as will the fragile JC5's! lol

Dave, I'm coming to the meet, but will be in standard ITB's form for it... so there will be a fair number of vastly quicker cars... like Coops! Well, until there are corners in which I dont think anything can touch it driven properly (so not me driving basically!)

to be honest mate, i wouldn't want my rattle box to be any quicker than it already is, nearly pulls me into the ditch when i give it large and higher speeds, doesn't feel safe at all, felt much more stable in both my valver and williams, although no where near as quick, but i could go back down the clio route at some point, so i'll keep my eyes open on this one 8)