PDA

View Full Version : Whats needed to fit a 172 engine with Omex managment ?

Evogone
18-02-2009, 08:37
What would be needed for this conversion ? into a valver ?

Guess the stand alone management would eliminate a few issues.

geesus
18-02-2009, 11:49
will the omex support fly by wire throttle?

Evogone
18-02-2009, 15:19
will the omex support fly by wire throttle?

No need as the valver isnt fly by wire......

geesus
18-02-2009, 15:51
yeh but i was asking if it supports it, as i thought you might be going for a 172 engine with fbw?

ignore that then lol

so you will be getting a cable throttle 172 engine

not clued up on the omex, is it a piggyback or will it do the job on its own?

surely if its piggyback you will need everything that a normal 172 conversion needs, engine, loom, ecu, coolant pipework, rad (if not using the valver rad) engine mount, gearbox mount (if using 172 box), manifold, some sort of downpipe arrangement to fit the valver exhaust

then you have got the steering rack, have to make a choice there, manual or modify the pas rack. fuelling, can you get a 172 fuel rail with fpr attached, if not it will need some sort of fpr

i'm sure there is more if i kept thinking lol

give me shout if there are any questions you need to ask

Mark One
18-02-2009, 15:57
no no no, omex is a complete standalone ECU (like emerald, DTA, motech, VEMS etc etc)

It will do the job by itself.

You'll save yourself all sorts of hassle using a standalone ECU as there will be no immobiliser to worry about. However, check with your insurance if you can run it without an immobiliser.

The most difficult thing you'll have is the exhaust, You'll need a custom downpipe. You'll need a loom for your omex, personally, I'd contact GDi, tell them what your up to and ask for one of their race looms with an omex connector on the end, they are very reasonable and will save you hassle.

Then you just have the issue of the speedo cable. I think the only box that runs cable is the MK2 ph1 172. (don't quote me on that though).

geesus
18-02-2009, 16:25
ah ok

to be honest i cant see how it will save you loads of hassle? unless you plan on throttle bodies in the future then the omex may come into its own?

its either use a standard ecu and pay for it to have the immobiliser decoded etc etc and use a standard 172 loom

or use the omex and pay the extra for an omex loom

surely in a round about way you aren't saving that much money, unless as i say you are planning itb's?

Mark One
18-02-2009, 16:40
True it does cost you extra. But you get to do whatever you want with your management. It's likely you'll end up with a bit more power, and as you say it also makes future mods a piece of cake.
Can also setup flat shifts, have different maps for different fuels, run data logging should you wish. Makes for a nice package IMO

Evogone
18-02-2009, 18:40
Plan would be to use a ITB / Omex 172 engine and put into a valver.

Mounting whats needed ? Engine mounts ?

Electrical whats needed ? wiring for dash ?

Mechanical whats needed ? clutch ?

Winston
18-02-2009, 19:51
The conversion has been pretty much boxed off by a few members and the bugs ironed out

Get reading some project threads on Cliosport..... Loads of info on there

Why you dumping the F7R?... why not just use the money to ITB it?

mark
19-02-2009, 20:51
everything is covered in beanymoo's thread on 16valver for the conversion. They have built a weapon!! :D