PDA

View Full Version : Broken red wire on my TPS

Evogone
17-02-2009, 13:45
Seems to run fine but where can i get a new one ????

What are the symptoms this should have ?

If anyone has one plus any advise swaping let me know.

Thanks

kenny
17-02-2009, 18:37
Mine was a slow loss of power to the point that I finally thought something wasn't right. I replaced all the usual culprits but ended up at local diagnostic garage. It ran fine, just lost that zip. I replaced it and set it by ear, although it should be set up with proper instrumentation. I also got another 40miles from a tank.
Symptoms for me were slugish running and poor mpg.

kenny
17-02-2009, 18:38
Mine was a slow loss of power to the point that I finally thought something wasn't right. I replaced all the usual culprits but ended up at local diagnostic garage. It ran fine, just lost that zip. I replaced it and set it by ear, although it should be set up with proper instrumentation. I also got another 40miles from a tank.

Wobba
17-02-2009, 19:46
One more time please kenny, I didn't get that ;)

Evogone
17-02-2009, 20:54

Replaced with a new one, where from ? did you just swap them over or did you get it set up propoerly at a later date ?

kenny
17-02-2009, 23:56
Replaced with renault part, over £100 cant remember exact price. Fitting is easy enough, 2 screws, Got lucky with setup, found spot where tick-over/revs were just right. Was going to get it setup properly later but after it ran well and mpg went up I decided not to mess with it anymore.

kenny
17-02-2009, 23:57
One more time please kenny, I didn't get that ;)

feffing bounce :evil:

Evogone
18-02-2009, 00:07
Replaced with renault part, over £100 cant remember exact price. Fitting is easy enough, 2 screws, Got lucky with setup, found spot where tick-over/revs were just right. Was going to get it setup properly later but after it ran well and mpg went up I decided not to mess with it anymore.

So you can buy them new, where did you but it from ? Renault ?

kenny
18-02-2009, 00:25
You can, from Renault, Throttle position potentiometer. Part no on box is 77 01 203 513

Evogone
18-02-2009, 00:44
You can, from Renault, Throttle position potentiometer. Part no on box is 77 01 203 513

Nice one..!

cliokiz
18-02-2009, 17:39
Price?

kenny
18-02-2009, 20:52
Can't remember exact price but sure it was nearly £150. A diagnostic test might be cheaper if it shows no prob with tps. Or swap with a mate to check. I have a good one, almost new, as it is still attached to my written off willy 2. I am willing to post it to you and evogong so you can check, I trust you to send it back after test. let me know.

cliokiz
19-02-2009, 14:32
PM me if you want to sell it.

kenny
19-02-2009, 14:39
Keeping it for rainy day

cliokiz
19-02-2009, 16:29
Ghey

Right, i'm going to delve into the unknown and attempt to repair a TPS.

I've got one with completely knackered wiring, so i'm gonna crack the sucker open and fit some nice fresh new heatshrinked wiring.

I'll report back, might offer it as a 'TPS Recon' service for C16V and WC if it's possible.

Have spent a couple of hours researching replacements but there's nothing available apart from Renault directly.

Evogone
19-02-2009, 23:40
Ghey

Right, i'm going to delve into the unknown and attempt to repair a TPS.

I've got one with completely knackered wiring, so i'm gonna crack the sucker open and fit some nice fresh new heatshrinked wiring.

I'll report back, might offer it as a 'TPS Recon' service for C16V and WC if it's possible.

Have spent a couple of hours researching replacements but there's nothing available apart from Renault directly.

Pics of when you split it.!!

Daz.
20-02-2009, 07:32
Wouldn't it be easier to just get a second hand jobby? Its not hard to set up as already said - play it by ear

BRUN
20-02-2009, 07:55
theres an Intermotor one that used to be available, ive got one somewhere, id be willing to part with it for the right price

Evogone
20-02-2009, 09:53
theres an Intermotor one that used to be available, ive got one somewhere, id be willing to part with it for the right price

Whats the part number of this intermotor one ?

cliokiz
20-02-2009, 13:29
^^ Pic/details on the above?

Some may think it's easier to get a second hand one, but if there's nothing wrong with the sensor itself i'd prefer to rewire it myself. Looking at the state of the french wiring used it can only make it run better using some modern wiring.

Evogone
20-02-2009, 13:43
^^ Pic/details on the above?

Some may think it's easier to get a second hand one, but if there's nothing wrong with the sensor itself i'd prefer to rewire it myself. Looking at the state of the french wiring used it can only make it run better using some modern wiring.

Can you split it ? i guess your no using a junior hacksaw.... :wink:

cliokiz
20-02-2009, 18:52
I'll find a way.