PDA

View Full Version : Bargain helmet for trackdays?

Wobba
16-02-2009, 22:46
http://www.ghostbikes.com/pp/HELMETS/Motorcycle-Helmets/Nitro-Racing-N750-VX-Motorcycle-Helmet.html

What do you think?

MatBrown
16-02-2009, 23:03
Can't moan at that price!

Mat.

jodydid
16-02-2009, 23:07
i used to sell these in my shop good value for the money if you want comfort and no road noise spend £500 and buy an arai but these are very good and have the gold sticker

Wobba
16-02-2009, 23:19
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'll give it some thought, and order something tomorrow :D

u33db
17-02-2009, 18:08
Decent enough for the price!

Polycarbonate though so is only good for a few years...if you're going to need one for the forseeable future it may be worth getting a composite lid.

I use this on my bike;

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/227/13377

Kevlar/Glassfibre so stronger/safer/lasts longer but only a little bit more money.

The vents and material are great at keeping your head cool too - as you'll be in car that might be something to thing about...

stevie_b
18-02-2009, 00:51
You certainly can't complain about the price! The only thing I'd usually point out is that it would not be certified for competition use, if you planned to do any of that in the future, but to be honest for that price even if one day you did need a properly approved helmet you'd only be £20 down so its pretty much irrelevant. I'm really tempted to buy one myself, but can't really think when I'd ever use it :lol:

bill.
18-02-2009, 15:29
i think i'll have one of them 8)

Wobba
18-02-2009, 18:28
They only have very few left of the Nitro ones and limited colours and sizes. Check first, and be quick, serious bargain imho.

bill.
18-02-2009, 22:55
They only have very few left of the Nitro ones and limited colours and sizes. Check first, and be quick, serious bargain imho.

yeah, i just went to the rocket center to get my right size for the helmet, came back to order and none left in my size :( , plenty of other cheap helmets on there though, so not to worry, are there any other good sites for cheap helmets?

Wobba
19-02-2009, 00:32
I have looked about a little but none seem to be as bargaintastic as the above link. Still, some good hats to be had amongst that lot, some with a few extras too like helmet bags and dust covers, always handy.

andreas395
20-02-2009, 18:34
You certainly can't complain about the price! The only thing I'd usually point out is that it would not be certified for competition use, if you planned to do any of that in the future, but to be honest for that price even if one day you did need a properly approved helmet you'd only be £20 down so its pretty much irrelevant. I'm really tempted to buy one myself, but can't really think when I'd ever use it :lol:

does that mean i cant use for track days in the williams or is it ok

Jamie.
20-02-2009, 18:36

does that mean i cant use for track days in the williams or is it ok

No, you can use for trackdays but not regulated competition.

stevie_b
20-02-2009, 18:46
Correct. Would be fine for a track day as they don't really care what you have as long as it is not obviously cracked/smashed. I'd personally always go for a Nomex-lined helmet though, but as I said before £20 is a good price for what it is (I just value my head at more than that :lol:)