PDA

View Full Version : Brake bias valve: I just dont get it

Wobba
16-02-2009, 12:41
Ok, so I loosened the two nuts so the rod is 'longer' and will theoretically give up braking on the rear sooner...BUT...what I don't get is even with there being no pressure on the actual pedal arm it stays in the same place! WHY?

Shouldn't it spring back?? I am talking about the big metal lever here. It does not move unless I hand move it. It just stays in the open position. I don't get it.

Is it buggered?

I noticed I can turn the inner rod part as well and lengthen or shorten the bar. Do I do this?

Need info fast, MOT tomorrow and am working on car as we speak.

Wobba
16-02-2009, 13:16
Ok, after consultation with Arj256 via text I bashed it about loads, back and forth, applying lots of wd40 and it works!!! Yay! It was partly seized it seems!

It did move before, but as I have never seen it work properly, where it pushes the piston closed itself, I didn't know what was wrong!

Sorted...I hope.

LEIGH-ANNE
16-02-2009, 13:20
Ill pop over dan

Wobba
16-02-2009, 13:32
Ill pop over dan

Not much point, there's an Indian wedding going on and no-where to park and lots of traffic wardens! I have to get stuff too, and I need a shower :)

white16valver
16-02-2009, 14:01
Ill pop over dan

Not much point, there's an Indian wedding going on and no-where to park and lots of traffic wardens! I have to get stuff too, and I need a shower :)
Random! lol

Well done for getting it sorted though :)

Wobba
16-02-2009, 15:32
Turned out, it was a funeral :(

Seems sorted though! Left some nice black lines down my road in an effort to get it to pull under braking, the neighbours love me :)

white16valver
16-02-2009, 15:52
I bet lol