PDA

View Full Version : torn my sump open 6 days before track day....

ThRaXaIR
14-02-2009, 22:11
bugger bum and ass! was driving this morning and lord knows what i hit but its torn a really clean line in the sump and the oils gone everywhere and all 6 days before a track day awesome!!

its a clean tear and its pushed in where its been punctured. you wrekon they'll be able to weld it? either way thats stuffed any chance of my planned modifications :( gunna cost a fortune!

Wobba
15-02-2009, 00:28
You can weld them, sure. Just a thought though, it may have damaged baffles but you can check that when you take it off.

Gutter mate! Where's the track day?

ThRaXaIR
15-02-2009, 11:04
Castle Coombe, its in the garage now and their checking the possibility of welding it tomorrow. so fingers crossed! that thing better be back on the road by the end of the week!!! :(

kneesparks
15-02-2009, 12:33
Mat should have one mate, how hard wouls it be to swap it? you will have to take it off to fix it anyway.

stan
15-02-2009, 12:58
6 days...plenty of time. you can swap one in a day. or remove and get repaired in 2-3 days.

ThRaXaIR
15-02-2009, 16:22
good hopefully the garage pulls its collective finger out of its ass then. i work from 5am till 7pm all week and i need it back to change the wheels and what not, all by friday fun fun!