PDA

View Full Version : Very close shave yesterday! :(

MattyH16valver
12-02-2009, 21:54
Was on my way to Devon yesterday for work in my 306 td as i've garaged the Willy ova the winter, bout a 4 hour drive and ended getting about 10 mins before it all went wrong! The roads were really really bad at 5.30 in the morn and I hit some ice down a hill on a corner, ended up loosing the backend, spinnin the car twice hitting the curbs and went sideways and backwards into the hedge! All happended soo quickly, did'nt try to correct the car and let it do it's own thing....think if I did'nt I would have ended up going into a tree. Managed to get the door opened afetr kicking it and walked out unscaved. Did'nt even have a scratch. Neck felt very sore from the impact and goolies...but think i did very well considering. Went to a a&e to get checked over and thankfully everything was ok...just strained my neck. Can't say the car was good though... one of the back wheels was ripped off completly, the subframe and back axel were bent, bumpers ripped off, dented sills and pierced diesel tank. Needless to say its a right off! Got it towed away for free and its now a nice square shape in the scrap yard! All i've got left is the stereo and tax disc :lol: Just fell very lucky I walked away with no injuries. Need to get the Williams up and running now...just hope it passes the MOT on sat. Lesson learnt....don't drive ur own car at stupid oclock on icy roads with third party insurance! :lol:

Carole Anne
12-02-2009, 21:59
Ouch that sounds bad
:shock:
Glad you are ok

Carole Anne

MatBrown
12-02-2009, 22:36
Good job it wasn't the willy!

Mat.

Carole Anne
12-02-2009, 22:38
Good job it wasn't the willy!

Mat.

was his goolies though :lol: apparently

LEIGH-ANNE
12-02-2009, 22:41
As above! Glad ur ok. Too many people having crashes just lately :(

col
12-02-2009, 22:43
glad your ok ,yea i travel early to work and have had some close shaves.

Rear wheel drive merc ive put two bags of sand in back for grip. Anybody else had any close encounters ?

katbloke
12-02-2009, 23:04
whereabouts in devon matt, okehampton way is still very icy in parts, been travelling from exeter to cornwall all week

MatrixGuy
13-02-2009, 13:44
That was close! glad your ok mate.

Whens the williams coming out?

kneesparks
13-02-2009, 14:48
Well there is a positive you dont have to drive the 306 anymore and get a good reason to use the Williams :)

Coops
13-02-2009, 15:13
:( another winter casualty, glad ur okay tho mate

u33db
13-02-2009, 18:08
glad your ok ,yea i travel early to work and have had some close shaves.

Rear wheel drive merc ive put two bags of sand in back for grip. Anybody else had any close encounters ?

I had a vectra courtesy car the other week while i my clutch was getting done - spun it off a roundabout on the way to work!

Luckily i didn't hit anything - definately a brown pant moment though!

MattyH16valver
13-02-2009, 19:13
whereabouts in devon matt, okehampton way is still very icy in parts, been travelling from exeter to cornwall all week

Did'nt get that far mate....only ten mins form home so near Oxford. Had to go today insead but got a Vauxhall Vectra 1.9CDTi company car this time so at least if I wrote another car off it would'nt be mine! :lol: Drives quite well actually....6 Gears so ideal for boring motorway driving!

MattyH16valver
13-02-2009, 19:15
That was close! glad your ok mate.

Whens the williams coming out?

Got it out the garage now mate...due for MOT tomoz...still not sure bout my handywork though...handbrake cable does'nt seem tight enough and still not sure about my flouting top mounts after fitting new springs...just does'nt look right! We will c...

kneesparks
14-02-2009, 18:27
As long as your hand break does not click more than 8times when you pull it up that should be ok bud.

eternalife
15-02-2009, 13:52
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Glad all is well!!

MattyH16valver
17-02-2009, 20:30
As long as your hand break does not click more than 8times when you pull it up that should be ok bud.

Ok, cheers mate...just getting the garage to get another new cable to replcae the other original one that did'nt snap as I think the inner cable is longer. Have'nt go the time or enthusiasm to do it this week...very unlike me..lol.