PDA

View Full Version : Supersprint manifold fitting advice

Adi82
10-02-2009, 00:15
I'm going to try fitting my supersprint manifold at the weekend with help from a friend who has access to ramps.

So far i have been spraying plus gas on the manifold nuts to give me a chance of loosening them without shearing them off, but are there any other tips to make the job easier?

Also i have a new exhaust manifold gasket but being stupid i can't remember which side the smooth side of the gasket fits to. Is it the head or the manifold?

I will be also fitting an uprated dogbone mount with the polyfelx bushes, whats the easiest way of removing the old rubber bushes from the metal casing?

Thanks

Adi

stevie_b
10-02-2009, 14:32
I will be also fitting an uprated dogbone mount with the polyfelx bushes, whats the easiest way of removing the old rubber bushes from the metal casing?

Just use a jigsaw or a hacksaw to cut the bushes from the centre hole out to one edge. Once there is a slice through you should find it easy to compress the edges a bit and pop it out of the casing.

number1
10-02-2009, 19:06
The Manifold gasket the "pin pricked" side faces out, Fitting the supersprint is fairly easy but you may have to take the driveshaft out, as i did on mine to get the valver downpipe off, make sure you use some exhaust paste on the join between manifold and downpipe, when you come to put the downpipe on it may be required to ease the tubes away from each other so they line up with the manifold tubes, keep a block of wood handy and tap it upwards to get it right on the manifold

Adi82
11-02-2009, 01:55
Ok thanks for the advice guys.

Just to confirm with the manifold gasket the smooth side fits to the head and the "pin pricked" side to the manifold?

number1
12-02-2009, 00:14
Yes thats correct