PDA

View Full Version : insurance time!!!!!

FATBOY
06-02-2009, 20:56
just got my quote for my renewal from greenlight. and the quote they have given me is exactly the same as last years quote????? whats the point in the extra years no claims discount i have got from them then??? ive got 7 years now. and obviously i had 6 years last year. but the price is the same???? anyways, i have got a much better quote £70 cheaper too from the halifax! anyone with the halifax??? any good?

Jamie.
06-02-2009, 21:00
I thought they only reduced your premium upto 5 yrs anyway? Prob got so old that an extra year is such a small % it makes no difference :wink:

In all seriousness have a shop around.

16v_paddy
06-02-2009, 21:03
Mine is £10 more than last year but I've gone from tpft to fully comp & increased the value of my car by £1500

It's due for renewal next week and if I buy this williams I'm looking at it'll cost me an extra £100

FATBOY
06-02-2009, 21:05
yeah ive shopped around and made my mind up now. so its £70 cheaper than the renewal ive been given! so happy days....

kenny
07-02-2009, 01:02
Mine is £10 more than last year but I've gone from tpft to fully comp & increased the value of my car by £1500

It's due for renewal next week and if I buy this williams I'm looking at it'll cost me an extra £100

Unless it's an agreed value policy it makes no odds what value you put on a car, if you need to claim you will only get 'market value' and then they will try to pass you off with glasses guide value. Dont accept it, Glasses is a trade book not market value. I have successfully made them substantially increase both my claims in recent years with this argument, you may have to lodge a claim with the 'financial services ombudsmam' using the paperwork the ins co provide when you reject their assessment. You can inform them that you want to accept the 'interim payment pending final resolution of your dispute' and bank the check they send but make sure you make a note of the date/time and name who you are speaking to for future reference as the call will be recorded.