PDA

View Full Version : Not Starting??

Tullyvernon
02-02-2009, 10:29
I hadent had the Williams going in ages so i got the jumpleads and she fired up right away, drove it about for abit and parked her outside my garage.

Now this is were i think my problem is... I took out the battery to charge it...., and when i put it back in she just keeps turning over but wont fire up! there smells to be petrol getting 2 her so im stumped!!

Any help would be greatly apprecaited

Thanks
Jonny

kenny
02-02-2009, 11:44
I know it's the blindingly bleeding obvious but are you sure there are no small cables you haven't connected, and if there is an alarm/immobiliser did you lock and unlock after tightening the battery cables?. Had similar problem some time ago after changing alternator, spent 2 days looking for a non start fault when B-in-law said "what's this cable for" I had tucked it under the coil and could't see it for looking. :roll:

Tullyvernon
02-02-2009, 12:01
I will doble check for all cables, it was pitch black when i was puting the bat back in.
I must of locked and unlocked 20 times :D, is there anything else id need to do to get the imobiliser sorted after having the batery out?

Thanks

kenny
02-02-2009, 12:11
In theory it should be nothing to do with imobiliser as if it was activated there should be no power to turn engine over, I added it as there seems to be loads of different alarms wired loads of different ways and it was easy to doublecheck. It shouldn't be anything too drastic, check for unconnected cables 1st. Fuses next.

white16valver
02-02-2009, 13:33
Have you got spark at the plugs?

Could you have dislodged an earth lead somewhere?

Tullyvernon
03-02-2009, 11:44
OK, so little update 2day, checked all wires and can find no wires out of place. Tried starting and she was turning over and spluttering like she was about 2 start but wouldnt?? any ideas?

thanks

MAXIBOY
03-02-2009, 13:47
try spraying a little wd40 into the inlet while cranking..

Tullyvernon
03-02-2009, 14:16
Well went back out again there, tryed drying round the plugs and the leads etc. Started churning her over and slowely started picking up then she fired up!! was so pleased!
Thanks everyone for all your help! :D

Wobba
03-02-2009, 19:24
I'd say check the electrics over for a weak component in the starter system and replace, or maybe it was just flooded or damp?

Anyway, good job.