PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate Fooked

Wolfie
28-01-2009, 10:42
Im doing a full resto on my 3 and have been buying several items off here. Noticed that my tailgate is so rusty on the bottom of the inside, is this an inherent prob on all clios? Need to source a good one, whats my chances?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers G

Coops
28-01-2009, 11:26
shouldn't be too hard to source a decent one, 432 monaco blue for williams 3, phase 2 required, speak to mat brown 8)

yes it is common clio complaint, rust in general is :lol:

white16valver
28-01-2009, 14:26
Not wrong... :roll: :( :lol:

Wolfie
28-01-2009, 18:56
Thanks, ye I know rust is a prob with them as I have found out whilst grinding the paint off the whole car! Thought the offside rear arch was salvageable until i took the paint off..............no chance, so now putting a new arch in.

The project started off as a simple job but the more i go into it the more particular im being, and it shows in the wallet dept!!!!!! But they won't make them again so it is worth every penny.

Thanks for the tips.

G

talkingfish
28-01-2009, 20:28
tailgate is a common area I'm afraid....

titcharoony
28-01-2009, 22:55
im sure my bro once said replacing a tailgate properly is a pain in the arse.

MAXIBOY
28-01-2009, 23:00
easy on clios replacing........repairing a pain.

16v_paddy
29-01-2009, 11:53
The project started off as a simple job but the more i go into it the more particular im being, and it shows in the wallet dept!!!!!! But they won't make them again so it is worth every penny.

G

Some body give this man a ****ing medal!!! :bowdown: :clap: :yourock: :goodposting:

Daz.
29-01-2009, 17:34
Depending on the sale conditions of my williams I will have a beand new never been opened tailgate and rear glass... would just need painting in your preffered colour.

Miles easier than sourcing a good one!

katbloke
29-01-2009, 17:43
i bought a brand spanker and had it resprayed, 64 off ebay

rob-legend
29-01-2009, 18:24
snap!!! :D

Wolfie
29-01-2009, 21:54
Thanks for the offer Daz, please let me know if you have the tailgate avail!

Must say that my mate and work colleague, Simon (aka simoncliodimma) is helping me take the 3 to bits at his workshop (ST-performance.co.uk), so if it all goes right then I have done a good job but if it all goes wrong its his fault!!!! Ha!!

If anyone is interested in looking at the project then Simon will be posting photos and progress shortly.

Thanks again everyone for the help. By the way, has anyone on here organised a 16v/ williams drag/ track day before?

Cheers G

kneesparks
29-01-2009, 22:03
Yeh get progress with lots of pic's 8)

rsshawn
29-01-2009, 22:15
im sure my bro once said replacing a tailgate properly is a pain in the arse.

Nah, easy mate. We swopped the one on my bird's clio for the same reason (the plastic trim holds the water - great design). Window was a bit tricky getting the seal around the glass (if it needs painting). Feeding the wiring down & through was prob the hardest bit, but do-able with some time and string to help feeding. Couple of hours, maybe less without glass swop & that was the first time I'd tried anything like that before and the missus was just for helping lift and hold really

SIMONCLIODIMMA
29-01-2009, 22:59
Must say that my mate and work colleague, Simon (aka simoncliodimma) is helping me take the 3 to bits at his workshop (ST-performance.co.uk), so if it all goes right then I have done a good job but if it all goes wrong its his fault!!!! Ha!!

Ye thanks blame me G im always a good scapegoat. anyway it wont be leaving hear unless its like it was when came out of factory :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wobba
29-01-2009, 23:05

it wont be leaving hear unless its like it was when came out of factory :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rusty you mean :lol:

SIMONCLIODIMMA
29-01-2009, 23:15
not a lot of rust on it really just one arch why was yours rusty when you got it Wobba ???