PDA

View Full Version : something a miss in my rear....

ThRaXaIR
25-01-2009, 18:00
basically something has gone tits up round back, whenever you drive it a loud whirring and rubbing noise comes from the back wheels. so i had the bearings changed a couple of months ago on both sides. it went away for a bit but has come back and it sounds like the brakes are kind of locking. so yesterday my mechanic friend took the wheel off and then the caliper. now the hand break was off but you still couldnt turn the disc so he took the big bolt off thats infront of the bearing, turned out the tossers hadnt fixed it properly and the locking ring had come loose this in turn had pushed the disc back into the dust shield behind the discs and the rubbing had totally worn off two bolts on the shield so we pulled it off. my mate then repressed the bearing and said it might still be knackered though. but anyway today i tried driving it and the noise is worse than ever and sounds like it may be coming from the otherside (its hard to tell which side).

so my question is besides bearings, sticking calipers and warped discs what could be making such a racket!?!?

sorry for the essay but its doing my head in. i'll be taking it back to this garage and gettin them to sort out the bearing thing! they also broke a wheel bolt too.

cheers for any insights into this guys!

Mr.AdamB
25-01-2009, 18:34
well there isnt anything really.....i would buy new disks and bearings, sounds like kthe bearings are knackered how you described it,

MAXIBOY
25-01-2009, 18:48
are the bearing retaining circlips properly mate

ThRaXaIR
25-01-2009, 20:00
well im guessing the clips arent holding properly as its got so loud now. those discs are black diamond they better not have warped!!

hmm i'll have to try and convince the garage this is their fault bet i have to shell out another 90 quid a side for new ones though! :(

ok cheers for clearing up what else could be making a noise.

ThRaXaIR
30-01-2009, 22:52
failed the mot today cos apparently the discs are defective and wont hold the bearings in.

ive mailed black diamond cos there only like 3 months old, anyone know what there customer service is like? will they swap my discs and will they agree to my compo claim over getting the discs swapped AGAIN!

cheers

rob-legend
30-01-2009, 23:56
lol at thread title :oops:

ThRaXaIR
31-01-2009, 00:15
glad someone appreciates my 'witty' innuendo. :wink:

rob-legend
31-01-2009, 00:21
:king: oooh yeaaah :wink: