PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! I've "grown" an alarm

16v_paddy
16-01-2009, 19:41
After 2 years of ownership and the removal of the standard alarm sounder, my car has mysteriously grown another one this evening :?

It sounds intermittantly when moving or while on the throttle, it's very annoying and embarrasing. I can't do much about it now I'm at work but I'll have to get up earlier than I'd like to after a night shift :evil: which I'm not looking forward to :(

Not long after I bought the car I took the standard sounder off as it wasn't connected, falling to bits & rusty as hell :roll: The key thingy next to the washer bottle is still there but I don't have a key for it.
The alarm sound is coming from underneath the scuttle panel in the middle somewhere

Any insight as to what the hell is going off would be much appreciated

It's a ph2 valver btw

Clio_GTT
16-01-2009, 19:52
That usually sounds when you disconnect the battery and have std one on. It can be disabled with the little key that you don't have :(

Short circuit it? take it out?

16v_paddy
16-01-2009, 20:51
I'll have to take the scuttle panel off & have a look in the daylight :evil:
I just don't understand why it's going off either, never even knew there was another alarm sounder on my car as it's never gone off before, even after dubious entry methods while it's been locked :?

BRUN
17-01-2009, 15:01
sorry but i LOL'd at readin this hehe, i know its not funny for you, but having owned Mk1 Clios very nearly all my driving life i know how you feel right now :)

id imagine it would be pretty easy to bypass the key if that will sort it

16v_paddy
17-01-2009, 20:14
I can see the funny side :lol: had a play with a tidy saxo vts on the way to work, went past him with the alarm blaring, stereo louds as fcuk and spitting flames out the back, I'm sure he was laughing as much as I was :lol: