PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - engine loom diff & compatibility - Ph1/2/Willia

Evogone
16-01-2009, 14:51
Im have bought an engine loom that im about to refurb and swap out my current one on the cup racer rally car.

How do i know if the engine looms are the same and i can just swap them once im done.

Are the plugs the same into the sensor / relays / ECU / dash loom / and are they wired the same etc.

Any Advise greatly recieved.

AndyFielder
16-01-2009, 16:04
mite end up with fuel pump issues, they power to that is different between the phases, the rest is the same... i have a phase 1 engine im replacing for my 1.8 in my phase 2 valver. But i have been adviced for ease of fitting to use the phase 2 loom.

Andy

Evogone
16-01-2009, 16:13
mite end up with fuel pump issues, they power to that is different between the phases, the rest is the same... i have a phase 1 engine im replacing for my 1.8 in my phase 2 valver. But i have been adviced for ease of fitting to use the phase 2 loom.

Andy

Do you know how i can check if the loom i have is the same as whats on the car currently ? Any particular wires that give it away ?

AndyFielder
16-01-2009, 16:14
i think the connector would be white instead of brown but i dont know which is which....

If they were different wires would be in different pins.. so iff yours all lign up then your fine!

Hopefully matt brown will sort you out.. he knows the difference

MatBrown
16-01-2009, 18:49
You need to compare the wires on the brown and white plugs in the relay box next to the passenger turret.

Mat.

Evogone
17-01-2009, 09:39
You need to compare the wires on the brown and white plugs in the relay box next to the passenger turret.

Mat.

So if these match (wire colours and positions) then its the same loom.?

MatBrown
17-01-2009, 16:57
Yeah.

Mat.