PDA

View Full Version : keeping the williams!

lewis_willy2
15-01-2009, 19:41
ok guys, after selling most of my williams bits off i am now left with a rolling shell minus engine box, and interior. had sold the wheels (only phs2 rims) and complete widetrack cheap to get rid (but pulled out of sales) and was gonna scrap the rest at the weekend :shock:

however today a letter came through my door.....it was the council, great! but it proceeded to offer me a garage to rent. result!!........read a bit more only to find out it was a stones through from my front door!!!

so within the hour my deposit was paid and the keys where in my hand.

now i have made the decision to keep the williams and just restore it as a standard(ish) but mint williams 2. this car is the only car that ive been really happy with, its not been driven for a year now so ive got some body wrok issues to deal with and an engine wheels and interior to source. but this will all be done over time.

plans are to kit my new garage out with a workbench to house tools, vice etc.
then im gonna strip doors, boot, front and rear bumper and wings etc
then ive got my friend coming round to cut out and replace my rear arches. this should be done next week, as hes out of work and owes me a favour.
then im gonna be de-rusting and body work protecting the whole car. then prep and paint.

i estimate 6 months to complete the full shell restore which i will be doing the majority of the work. this gives me plenty of time.

im absolutelty buzzin that i can keep it, already got a low mileage g.box coming and a load of bits going to the powder coaters on monday!!!

project thread to be started when i move the car, which is hopefully gonna be saturday morning

MatrixGuy
15-01-2009, 19:55
That's awesome mate! wish i had my own garage!

Keep us updated and provide pictures, please :D

kneesparks
15-01-2009, 20:11
It may be a good idea to get a crashed williams for all the bits you need then sell/scrap the rest of the crashed car? Will cost little that way :wink:

lewis_willy2
15-01-2009, 20:13
ye maybe, will keep an eye out

wil4s1
15-01-2009, 21:41
i have a nice full interior in one im breaking, no rush to sell either so it could be waiting for you whenever you want it. Plan is to pop it up the loft the now. Seats door cards carpets the lot.

Coops
15-01-2009, 22:20
shame the turbo never came to fruition mate, but will be awesome to see another one saved and restored, good on yer sport :wink:

MatBrown
15-01-2009, 23:49
Give me a shout if you need any bits.

Mat.

lewis_willy2
16-01-2009, 07:30
ye im a bit gutted about the turbo, but never mind, if it wasnt all gone id keep on with it as i have a decent space for storage. doing it all on my drive jus wasnt helping. however, am over the moon that i can keep it. i prob wont buy any parts unless its the right price :wink: until i really need it, the main priorities is getting the shell mint so it will last. id rather the williams over any other car. unless its something like an m3 but thats not possible as ive gonna get my missus a family wagon and have the williams as an everyday car

Wobba
16-01-2009, 12:26
Thats great news for you. I wish I had a garage sometimes.

white16valver
20-01-2009, 14:26
As above!