PDA

View Full Version : CHEAP CAR INSURANCE

FATBOY
12-01-2009, 21:13
this is doing the rounds on the net! so cut and pasted it here. mine came out at £183.75 !!!

I made a discovery the other day about how to glitch the http://www.comparethemarket.com/ website. When looking for a quote answer EVERYTHING truthfully then when it comes to add a modification add that you have Braided Brake Hoses on your car, make sure its Fully comprehensive, upon your search a company called "eCar" should provide you with a quote for less than £200...more specifically £183.75

Been checked with a lawyer and another insurance broker that it is all legit, I'm 17 with no NCB and for a quote for £202 FC on a 2.0l SRi Vectra and iv bought a policy for my 1.4 corsa for £183.75

Be quick, glitches dont last long

Enjoy

Justin..
12-01-2009, 21:14
wtf lol

doug2.0
12-01-2009, 22:08
surely when you go to actually pay for the insurance theyll be like, no piss off?

Tanks
12-01-2009, 22:11
Just done a quote and it works

Justin..
12-01-2009, 22:15
but surely they'll be like it was glitch **** off pay us the correct amount of £xxx

Wobba
12-01-2009, 22:25
This is probably an error due to the back end system they have linked with comparemarketgatness or whatever.

We are looking at setting this sort of thing up at work as well, and it got me to thining of how to exploit the system to grant lower quotes hehe. Funny this should turn up today lol.

Tanks
12-01-2009, 22:30
I have a quote from ecar's website giveing me a price of £192

Exhaust, alloys and lowered declared

redeye83
12-01-2009, 22:32
it works got quoted £192

Justin..
12-01-2009, 22:35
didnt work for me i got a qoute of 9,999 lol!

Wobba
12-01-2009, 22:36
Trouble is at renewal, they will either decline your renewal or charge you the earth and put all those nice hidden mods on your proof of NCB sheet. This of course is only a problem if you have failed to disclose mods to new insurers.

Also, if you endorse (change) a policy, such as have points on your licence or add a modification they will charge max premium increase...probably.

Wobba
12-01-2009, 22:39
It's crashed me out of the quote.

Justin..
12-01-2009, 22:40
ok done a quote for the naples with nothing but braided line and got £257 but no good really is it?

Wobba
12-01-2009, 22:44
remember to look at the terms and conditions, they have hidden the 'do not want to be contacted' bits there.

Wobba
12-01-2009, 22:49
this is doing the rounds on the net! so cut and pasted it here. mine came out at £183.75 !!!

I made a discovery the other day about how to glitch the http://www.comparethemarket.com/ website. When looking for a quote answer EVERYTHING truthfully then when it comes to add a modification add that you have Braided Brake Hoses on your car, make sure its Fully comprehensive, upon your search a company called "eCar" should provide you with a quote for less than £200...more specifically £183.75

Been checked with a lawyer and another insurance broker that it is all legit, I'm 17 with no NCB and for a quote for £202 FC on a 2.0l SRi Vectra and iv bought a policy for my 1.4 corsa for £183.75

Be quick, glitches dont last long

Enjoy

This has been copied and pasted right?

This could just be a scam by comparethegayness.com to get more throughput/leads for their sales team that provide leads to people at a cost of £10 to £20 per lead to the brokers and insurers on their books.

Justin..
12-01-2009, 22:50
and what does that mean?

Justin..
12-01-2009, 22:50
to the 'do not want to be contacted'

Wobba
12-01-2009, 23:01
to the 'do not want to be contacted'

Basicly mate, the way these people make money is by allowing people like us to have our details forwarded onto companies that want our business. If you want to be contacted, fine, if not, tick the boxes in the T&C's section.

Where I work, we get leads that are dubbed 'hot' leads (people with ready cash needing insurance cover now) from people like moneysupermarket and they charge us about £12 a lead, whether we get the sale or not. We will then sell your info on to another company via live online auctioning to another company assuming you want to be contacted.

It's a never ending recycling of your personal info, and can be a right pain in the arse when less scrupulous companies spam you with emails or phone calls. Most companies are good and wont do that but you never know...

Wobba
12-01-2009, 23:03
By the way eCar could not quote me. Best I got with just an exhaust mod was £400 from admiral.

Justin..
12-01-2009, 23:04
i might start a policy when i get paid, at leats to just get the car taxed and mot'd!

Wobba
12-01-2009, 23:07
i might start a policy when i get paid, at leats to just get the car taxed and mot'd!

What sort of insane quotes are you getting and have you told them about the 'planet destroyer' turbo mods lol?!

Justin..
12-01-2009, 23:09
no lol

just a few mods nout engine, WHich i know is bad before anyone decides to chew my ear off

Wobba
12-01-2009, 23:10
no lol

just a few mods nout engine, WHich i know is bad before anyone decides to chew my ear off

Just say you bought it like that and never ever looked under the bonnet and 'dont they all come like that then?', and you know nothing about cars.

Justin..
12-01-2009, 23:11
hahhaha

is naivety covered in T&C's?

kneesparks
12-01-2009, 23:13
Yep £183.75, the next quote was £936!!!
Bum! Im paying £370 at mo F/comp :roll:

Wobba
12-01-2009, 23:33
hahhaha

is naivety covered in T&C's?

The amount of fukwits I have to deal with regarding their homes and insurance would suggest we need an Idiot Clause in our t&c's mate. Half of them barely know anything about their own homes, such as security, surveys, value etc and the claims we get in for pathetic things like 'I spilt water on my floor' is truly astounding. I have learnt a lot about Joe Public in this job, most notably what a bunch of lying stupid assholes they are hehe.

I'd say about 50 to 60% of all the claims we get in are fraudulent, and surprise surprise since the credit crunch we've seen a massive increase in claims too.

The risk you take about not telling insurers the full mods (called non-disclosure in the insurance world) means if you were to claim through them and they had a loss adjuster over to ascertain the cost and the validity of your claim, or examined by a mechanic etc, then you would risk them turning round and saying: Tough shit.

I have heard some insurers allow mods but wont cover for them. I think there is a grey area where you could argue a case despite non disclosure where they would cover your loss but they wont cover any cost to mods to your car etc. I'll have to look into it.

Tanks
12-01-2009, 23:38
I'll have to declare my ITB as they're not excactly inconspicuous!

Wobba
13-01-2009, 01:01

Just tell them you thought it was a dukes of hazzard horn system...

franksvalver
13-01-2009, 05:11

Police arent the judges of modifications. They have no say over if your car is standard or 10mm off the floor

LEIGH-ANNE
13-01-2009, 10:09
my quote cum out at £202......wondering whether to cancel my insurance and start another up with em..... :?

Wobba
13-01-2009, 10:23

Police arent the judges of modifications. They have no say over if your car is standard or 10mm off the floor

I didn't mention police. I mean peoples insurers.

Wobba
13-01-2009, 10:36
Right, I have just spoken to one of our FSA experts here and they tell me that eCar would be well within their rights to notify you of an error in the rates applied to your quote/purchase and to charge you more at higher rates, or cancel the policy after a reasonable time to get yourself reinsured.

They may not do that, but to be honest with the prices I am seeing for what they would dub as high risk drivers...they'd be made not to cancel or ask you to pay more.

They are in their rights to do that according to the FSA guidelines.

16v_paddy
13-01-2009, 10:42
:excited: £192.94 I'll have some of that thank you very much :D

Mines up soon and the cheapest I've had so far has been £600 :D

LEIGH-ANNE
13-01-2009, 11:03
Right, I have just spoken to one of our FSA experts here and they tell me that eCar would be well within their rights to notify you of an error in the rates applied to your quote/purchase and to charge you more at higher rates, or cancel the policy after a reasonable time to get yourself reinsured.

They may not do that, but to be honest with the prices I am seeing for what they would dub as high risk drivers...they'd be made not to cancel or ask you to pay more.

They are in their rights to do that according to the FSA guidelines.

i see......ill leave it then :wink:

Smudger
13-01-2009, 11:12
did mine and ecar wouldnt quote but Admiral came back with the same price i got through them on October.

Wobba
13-01-2009, 11:21
Yea, Admiral seem pretty reasonable for me too. I think if you ring and haggle they would reduce more.

16v_paddy
13-01-2009, 11:25
Yea, Admiral seem pretty reasonable for me too. I think if you ring and haggle they would reduce more.

Not for me they're not :shock: cheeky sods want £968 from me

Wobba
13-01-2009, 11:35
Well, so called 'classic' performance cars want £10,987 to insure me.

16v_paddy
14-01-2009, 11:27
Has this glitch been fixed now? :?

I only ask as I've just tried to get a quote on my m8s V6 and eCar couldn't quote :roll: :lol:

Tanks
14-01-2009, 13:21
2 people i know have taken out policies. I guess its a matter of time before we find out if its worked or not.

J o n
14-01-2009, 13:46
just renewed mine with Flux for £400 all mods declared etc... would rather do it that way knowing i'm properly covered and have an agreed value on all my mods :)

kneesparks
14-01-2009, 13:55
Well, so called 'classic' performance cars want £10,987 to insure me.
Thats a snip!! :lol:

16v_paddy
14-01-2009, 14:47
Might not be a glitch with compare the market, as I've re-done it through eCar's own website and it's come up with the same quote :?

Wobba
14-01-2009, 15:04
Might not be a glitch with compare the market, as I've re-done it through eCar's own website and it's come up with the same quote :?

They just wont quote me:

Decline: Group 17 +
Sorry, we are unable to provide a quote for Comprehensive cover due to the Grouping and Age of Vehicle on Car 1.

harvythehippo
22-01-2009, 11:04
it doesnt work, i took out a policy with them and received a letter yesterday saying that there was an error and they have cancelled my policy, as for the 26th. however they said that there was an error bringing the information over from comparetheparket, my brother also took out a policy but he did it directly from the site, he took it out at the same time and has had no letters as of yet, tho he put a different address in so we will have to wait and see. i rang them up to find out and they said that they are cancelling all policy's with this glitch. :(

16v_paddy
22-01-2009, 13:19
:cry: just re-done my quote through ecar & it's £1,122 :shock:

Wobba
22-01-2009, 17:41
it doesnt work, i took out a policy with them and received a letter yesterday saying that there was an error and they have cancelled my policy, as for the 26th. however they said that there was an error bringing the information over from comparetheparket, my brother also took out a policy but he did it directly from the site, he took it out at the same time and has had no letters as of yet, tho he put a different address in so we will have to wait and see. i rang them up to find out and they said that they are cancelling all policy's with this glitch. :(

Yea, I checked with the FSA and underwriters that I work with and they are allowed to do this as long as you are not being left uninsured. They are allowed to decline you I think or request the correct premium.

If however they send someone a letter AFTER the policy is in force and there was a claim during this time...trouble is they would probably say there was an error with the premium and it should be £1200 or so, and if you claim and make the policy active would be obliged to pay this even if you cancel, as with a claim you are likely to have to pay the term in full as per most insurers T&C's.

Matty86
23-01-2009, 01:59
looks like they're revoking it:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=637783&nmt=Insurance%20revoked

hope no one here took out a policy... would also mean in the future you get to answer 'yes' to 'Have you ever been refused motor insurance or had a policy revoked', which I can see being an expensive answer :p