PDA

View Full Version : Cost of AVO refurb?

Wobba
12-01-2009, 01:10
May have to refurb an AVO coilover front strut, not sure if they will honour the warranty.

The top mount adjuster has sheared completely off.

richy
12-01-2009, 18:34
did u buy them brand new? have a look at the bottom on the coilover unit and theres a date stamped in, mine say 01/07 and they come with 2 year warrenty, i got both my front unit replaced for free! sent them back last month and told them there were leaking etc took a week to get them back which was quicker then i expected!!

Wobba
12-01-2009, 20:16
did u buy them brand new? have a look at the bottom on the coilover unit and theres a date stamped in, mine say 01/07 and they come with 2 year warrenty, i got both my front unit replaced for free! sent them back last month and told them there were leaking etc took a week to get them back which was quicker then i expected!!

Thanks, I believe they are under warranty.

They have emailed me back to send the bad one over and they will sort something out :)

They have never been used. To be honest, even forced to use to the lowest setting on damping on the fronts, and setting 6 on rear, it has made a very marked improvement. It's not soft, but there is quite a bit or roll from front but it grips like a bugger and has rid the car of several annoying habits like tramlining, bouncing about, crashiness and on/off oversteer and understeer. Most impressed!

Even in these shitty conditions, I am getting loads of grip from the front now. It's similar to standard, but less roll, and it looks mean still lowered :)

richy
12-01-2009, 20:41
cool, i generally run mine about 3 turns on the front(think its about 4-5max) and about 10 clicks at rear, fairly bumpy on back roads tbh lol but on track its been great!