PDA

View Full Version : temp gauge and slight missfire please help!

jamie.g
11-01-2009, 08:54
Hello everyone i have 2 problems which i hope someone can help me with first my coolant temp gauge about a minute after starting the car from cold shoots straight to the top and stays there! I have replaced the temp sensor and replaced the gauge but its still the same what else can it be any ideas?????
Plus since i bought my clio theres bin a slight missfire only when you first put your foot down it judders then the revs pick up and it does this in every gear in low revs just a quick judder then its ok, starting to get annoying as it sometimes causes the car to stall when pulling off. I have replaced the ht leads and plugs plus put a new crank position sensor on but still nothing cud this be to do with fuel pressure or anything, has anybody had anything similar?? please let me know cheers :roll:

mark
11-01-2009, 09:07
The temp problem id say will be the temp sensor. Have you made sure you replaced the correct one??

And as for the miss fre, check the state of the dizzy cap contacts, they can corrode up after time.

kneesparks
11-01-2009, 12:43
If you have changed the sensor and gauge then check the thermostat by taking it out and putting it in a hot cup of water, if it does not open then its fooked.
Miss fire is normal with Dizzy cap or HT leads, check the cap if all ok then replace the HT leads. 8)

Wobba
11-01-2009, 14:08
Which sensor did you replace? The thermostat housing one or the radiator one?

Check the wiring as sometimes they get broken.

I'd replace the dizzy and rotor arm with new ones anyway, but that's just me.

Justin..
11-01-2009, 14:52
make sure theyres no oil down the spark plug wells.

BRUN
11-01-2009, 15:13
the temp sensor for the gauge is the one on top with the brown plug IIRC

jamie.g
11-01-2009, 19:45
cheers lads will replace the dizzy n rotor arm tomorow n see how that goes :D

Wobba
12-01-2009, 02:08
the temp sensor for the gauge is the one on top with the brown plug IIRC
I thought it was the white one poking out the side at an angle? Hmm! Youmay be right though ehhe.

jamie.g
15-01-2009, 21:56
Right i have replaced the dizzy cap n rotor arm and there is no oil on the spark plugs but its still got a slight missfire when you put your foot down .Im running out of ideas the spark plugs and leads are new the crank sensors new and the idle control valve is new, anymore ideas??

bbaazz-08
16-01-2009, 00:46
could be coil or lambda

bbaazz-08
16-01-2009, 00:48
also you said that it was like this when you got it so the previous owner might have moved the distributer for some reason and its not set in the right position......get a timing light and set it up properly

drsmith1979
19-01-2009, 04:01
check the ECU in the scuttle panel for water..... i remember someone having these symptoms and it turned out to be a damp ECU after changing every sensor.... he also had some 'erroneous' sensor readings too