PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring anyone?

kneesparks
09-01-2009, 17:02
:idea: Hi all is anyone wanting to do the Nurburgring this year? I know Coops and a few others went last year, was thinking if alot more went this would be a great road trip. Iv been 5 times on the bike but still dont know 80% of the track prob less :roll: :oops:
Iv never drove a car around there and will be alot safer than my bike.
Iv got a map of a rout that we took on the 1st year back in July 05 the 1st 100 miles is motorway/main roads but after that its sweeping roads hair pins and mountain sections i loved these roads we found almost as much as the ring. If the roads were good on my bike they will be good in my Williams. :wink:
For driving in europe you need insurance, most policys allow this for up to 28 days a year :idea: :wink:

You must have on you at all times:-

Driving licence.
Insurance certificate.
Pass port.

And one of the following:-
Registration doc or bill of sale.
E111 or medical insurance certificate

We will need to find out the best time to go as the Ring is shut often for closed track events where you can watch but not drive.
Anyone want to have a crack? I know i do 8)

kneesparks
09-01-2009, 17:13
You can get over a number of ways,
Ferry = 4 hours
Sea cat = 1 hour
euro star = 30mins
I will always do the euro star as iv done all of them and the euro star is by far the best/fastest and its from Folkestone next to Dover
Last i heard the sea cat has been taken out of service, will have to find that one out?

ThRaXaIR
09-01-2009, 20:59
i could be well up for the trip dude! i'm supposed be tagging along with my mate and his dads rotary engine club trip over there lol. But would be more interested in a Williams trip for sure!

richy
09-01-2009, 21:26
im thinking of heading over again but to also watch the DTM at nurburgring race track, its iirc august 16th(sunday) and tickets range from 21euro to 41euro (depending on stand etc) last tiem i looked!

nothing concrete yet tho as no idea what car id be in!

LEIGH-ANNE
17-02-2009, 14:22
hmmmmmmm :D

Jamie.
17-02-2009, 15:53
I was talking with about this with richy last few nights..

I would like to go but it would be very dependant upon when... Early september and I could poss do it,

J o n
17-02-2009, 16:03
Would love to do it, but tbh I think it will be next year at the earliest for me... if ever! Saving for America at the end of the year and have a supercharger kit to shell out for, so money will be tight! Then again, if everything goes to plan at Xmas I wont be living in this country for much longer :)