PDA

View Full Version : Williams falling apart :(

dickies_willy2
08-01-2009, 23:45
Driving to work this morning and i hurd a huge clunck and scraping, the centre exhaust rubber snapped and the exhaust hit the floor and snapped in two down in the centre pipe :(

Its also snapped the bottom engine mount but i knew that was on the way out anyway.

Fixed it so far with cable ties untill the new exhaust comes through which i ordered today.

im taking it to work like this tomorrow which is only a couple of miles away but i was just wandering if any body knew if it would do any damage to the engine itself with it not realy being there??

cheers
Rich

Coops
09-01-2009, 00:12
been driving mine for a day now with a massive blow from exhaust manifold/downpipe, my view is **** it, be reet :lol:

16v_paddy
09-01-2009, 00:23
been driving mine for a day now with a massive blow from exhaust manifold/downpipe, my view is f**k it, be reet :lol:

:imwithstupidup: spoken like a true clio enthusiast coops :lol: probably better to tie it up with some wire though :? I've had a backbox cable tied up & they meted :x can't imagine they would last long on the centre section

dickies_willy2
09-01-2009, 00:37
well, i only have to do about 5 or so miles in it tomorrow for work then i should have it sorted... HOPEFULLY!!

brought the de-cated full stainless off ebay, is it anyones from here?

MatBrown
09-01-2009, 00:42
And you didn't think to come to me for an exhaust? :roll:

Mat.

dickies_willy2
09-01-2009, 00:50
lol i didnt know you had full stainless's in stock... should have done realy mate, didnt think. when do you recon i can borrow you to do the engine mount? :wink: lol

MatBrown
09-01-2009, 18:33
I'm a bit busy this weekend but might be able to fit you in next weekend.
Unless your desperate then i can try and squeeze you in this Sunday.

Mat.

Wobba
09-01-2009, 19:11
I presume you mean the dogbone mount under the car? It's a simple job, and the part is cheap if you go to GSF. People moan to me about the GSF mounts but tbh I've had two on different Clio's and not had any problems.

Exhaust? Dont worry about it hehe. You may notice more lower down torque with a slight loss of power at higher end.

cliokiz
09-01-2009, 19:29
If Mat can't fit it i'll do it for you, i'm about 10 mins from Leicester so not far from Mat's place - LE12.

dickies_willy2
09-01-2009, 21:29
cheers cliokiz for the offer i might have to take you up on that if matts too busy!

im gettin loadsa boy racers tryin to race me now it sounds like a plane taking off! lol :D

il txt ya 2moz matt wen i can see whats up with it in the light.