PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust back box problem

willsone
01-07-2005, 13:18
I have recently fitted a new back box which was ordered from a Renault dealer. The one that came off it was a one piece .i.e. no moon shaped clamps on piping over rear axle to allow splitting.

The one Renault gave me though has a moon clamp which allows the pipe to be split ,where it goes over the rear axle for ease of fitting.
The only problem now though is that the new exhaust fitted appears to be the incorect length as the crome end is now 2 inches short of the rear bumper. The new exhaust has not been tampered with in any way.

It appears that I may have been given the wrong exhaust (16valver) but the renault dealer is claiming that I fitted the exhaust incorrectly.

Does anybody have a similar experience of this problem as I am sure the renault dealers must have changed manufacture or I have simply been given the 16 valver exhaust and Renault are not owning up to it.

u33db
01-07-2005, 14:23
A 16v exhaust does not differ in length from a williams one...the only difference is that the williams one (IIRC) has an extra hanger at the rear. There are also no other clios with chrome tipped backbox so i'd say you have the right part but it's just not fitted correctly...have you tried taking it elsewhere to be adjusted...2 inches is not a lot?