PDA

View Full Version : bastard car!!

Daz.
06-01-2009, 07:47
Angry at the fact that Darren had fixed his beloved Clio's stalling problem, the Clio duly retaliated and snapped its clutch cable to bits... the one he said WOULD go to the garage who said its fine.... :lol:

4th gear all the way home running red lights at 6am is not my idea of fun, but theres no way I could have left it where it was!

Question: less than 6 month old genuine new pedal assembly and cable - why would that fail? part failure or incorrect installation? which would you go for? I want to try and get out of paying for all of this you see.

kneesparks
06-01-2009, 11:47
My old williams use to snap cables it turned out to be the clutch. Is your clutch heavy, like it makes your leg ache in traffic?

LEIGH-ANNE
06-01-2009, 12:11
I have many reciepts on my car for new cables and AA reports where new ones fitted etc..... then a month or so later a new clutch fitted. That obviously done the job as no new cables since.

16v_paddy
06-01-2009, 12:16
This reminds me of the days my m8 had to carry a sapre throttle cable around in his 106 :lol:

Am I the only person on here thats never had a cable snap? :shock:

LEIGH-ANNE
06-01-2009, 12:17
Ive not personally had one snap on me :shock: .........yet..... :roll:

16v_paddy
06-01-2009, 12:19
8-[ Slightly worried it's gonna happen to me today now :? [-o<

MikeTCB
06-01-2009, 13:10
My old williams use to snap cables it turned out to be the clutch. Is your clutch heavy, like it makes your leg ache in traffic?

Interesting comment as my clutch doesn't feel quite right. Its heavy and does make my leg ache, but its done that ever since I bought the car. Lately, it also feels kind of vague when setting off in 1st, like its about the stall, even when I put some revs on.

I guess I could do with a new clutch? (to go with a new heater matrix. joy.)

pieman
06-01-2009, 14:31
alright chaps? in addition to keesparks comment! if ur clutch is heavy it is because the clucth has been changed at some point and the gearbox has not been seated proparlly on the alignment dowells between the bell housing of the gearbox and the block!! i no this as my valver had a stiff as **** clutch and snapped cables for fun ( yes i even have a spare in both my willy and my valver) i eventually did the clutch and found that the twat who had fit the clucth b4 i had bought the car had ligned it up wrong!!! u should feel my pedal now boys beautiful!!!! cunt of a job tho i took the engine out to rebuild the box but not nessasery can be done by dropping the subframe!! i warn u now if u are not a mechanic delve deep in ur pockets as it is a pricy job!! cause it took me what seemed like 4ever and i am a mechanic!!! x

Wobba
06-01-2009, 14:33
This reminds me of the days my m8 had to carry a sapre throttle cable around in his 106 :lol:

Am I the only person on here thats never had a cable snap? :shock:

One in my R5 Raider, and once so far in the Williams.

Daz.
06-01-2009, 18:02
early indications lead to new clutch time - loooooovely :lol:

Oh well 96k isn't too bad for the original clutch, especially when I have no idea how many hoons have cooked it before I got it!

Waste of a good cable and assembly though! :cry:

FATBOY
06-01-2009, 20:12
ive had one snap on me. and thats with just under 5 years ownership. there is no evidence to say it had ever been replaced in the cars history folder....

Coops
06-01-2009, 21:18
my old valver killed cables, did 3, then next owner changed clutch and was fine after that, so daz my good sir, diagnosis complete :wink:

i have several spare cables on stock now as am paranoid :oops:

ant84
06-01-2009, 21:27
i had a cable snap on me but i tihnk it was the one the factory fitted but not sure as it was realy realy old. but its not nice.

Purple
07-01-2009, 03:27
I had one snapped on me. I think I had a total of 4 cables over 12 years. I usually change them when the clutch pedal take-up point starts moving about. IMHO, routing the cable close the the exhaust heat was not a clever design by renault.