PDA

View Full Version : Cold draft on the Willy....

dannyt
05-01-2009, 21:22
…driving to work today I noticed a cold draft coming from the windscreen vents. It’s hardly noticeable round town but on the motorway you can feel it. And when I turn the fan onto the windscreen it doesn’t put warm air through the vents, bit odd really, thinking the selector might be broken, as it wont direct it to my feet either?!

The main vents under the oil dials and for the side windows produce warm air all day long, its just you can feel a cold draft from the windscreen vents, anyone had this before, and how do I fix it?

Plenty of coolant in the car, heaters work fine apart from the above and get hot, just not on the windscreen or my feet!

Cheers
Danny

andreas395
05-01-2009, 22:13
have you tried shutting of all your main vents when on windscreen helps alot with mine as i find my comes through all of mine when switched to windscreen so i shut all my vents and its much better

richy
05-01-2009, 22:48
i had a simular problem on my hybrid, which turned out to be one of the cables had kinked and wouldnt twist all the way around

dannyt
06-01-2009, 10:04
One of the cables Richy, how do you mean? behind the heater controls?

Yer tried that andreas, not really any better, thnx though.

Danny

Daz.
06-01-2009, 10:14
^^^ I think he means the selectors for the dial - they're patchtically thin and if bent they won't engage what you want even if the dial is where you want it.

2 live
06-01-2009, 19:23
they do rot quite badly under the screen on the bulkhead......maybe worth a look see

dannyt
07-01-2009, 00:07
Cheers jon and Daz, will take a look, under the scuttle panel du mean?

Daz.
07-01-2009, 08:01
take the top dash off look along the bulkhead, i'd have thought given the condition it'd be fine though.

dannyt
07-01-2009, 08:55
thanks daz, already had the top dash off and didnt notice anything along there, was thinking along the otherside, but will take a look, im reckoning it could be something to do with the selector cable as richy mentioned, gonna take a look this weekend!

cheers though
Danny

simonr85
12-01-2009, 20:52
where in blackpool u from mate???

dannyt
13-01-2009, 09:44
I live in Lytham St.Annes mate, so not far from bpool, did i see you coming onto the M55 the other day at the Kirkham junction?

Danny

simonr85
11-02-2009, 18:42
I live in Lytham St.Annes mate, so not far from bpool, did i see you coming onto the M55 the other day at the Kirkham junction?

Danny

you probably would of mate as i live in kirkham, what car was you in??? is yours a willy or valver???

not fancy the meet on sunday???