PDA

View Full Version : Williams Bodywork Blowover

Smudger
05-01-2009, 13:48
Im looking to get the rear arches sorted on the williams before they get worse and i thought while im at it i could treat the rest of the car to a blow over.

At the moment the drivers side rear arch has a small 10p size bit of surface rust and on the pass side there is a bit of surface on the door shut about 2in up from the sill.

Can anyone on here recommend anyone that would be able to sort the arches and carry out a blow over on the rest of the car.

Thought id ask on here as id rather go with someone another member has used with good results

Wobba
05-01-2009, 14:39
I have heard that blow overs are not worth it.

Smudger
05-01-2009, 14:53
I have heard that blow overs are not worth it.

and why is this?

bbaazz-08
05-01-2009, 18:22
when getting a full respray the car is completely stripped

where as a blow over everything is just masked off and where its masked eg..rubbers the laquer tends to peel off..........................this happens in most cases but not in others---entirely up to yourself

Justin..
05-01-2009, 18:57
get a windows out blowover at the very least. it what im going to have done

FATBOY
05-01-2009, 19:47
my old work mates friend is a sprayer by trade. got his own workshop(havent used him yet and i intend to in the summer for my arches) hes based in between clacton and colchester.

andreas395
05-01-2009, 22:06
my old work mates friend is a sprayer by trade. got his own workshop(havent used him yet and i intend to in the summer for my arches) hes based in between clacton and colchester.

i need some one to do my rear arch drivers side to im willing to travel if he does a good job 8)

Smudger
06-01-2009, 10:44
get a windows out blowover at the very least. it what im going to have done

this is exactly what i was going to do. I can easily have the windows/rubbers removed before dropping the car off. Dont see the point in having a blow over done leaving them in

would be interested to know how you get on with this and also see what his workmanship is like FATBOY

FATBOY
06-01-2009, 20:12
ok mate. wont be till the summer.. but will keep ya posted..