PDA

View Full Version : Loosing my mind

Coops
05-01-2009, 01:46
i think i'm getting old, i knew for a fact the tax, mot and insurance for the turbo were all due in march, knew it, definatley, no question.....

got up on saturday and had a nosey at the car as i knew the rear exhaust hangar on the centre section (well whole section as its a sidey but for sake of clarity, centre section lol) had ripped out the chassis. i'd botched it up with some cable ties pending a re-weld and thought i'd just go round the block to see if the ties i put on would hold to get to the garage a few miles away.

so the scene is set, i whip the cover off the car and notice the tax disc holder has fallen off the inside of the windscreen, go to pop it back on and am like wtf, tax ran out on new years eve! :? :oops: so think bugger it, head upstairs for my documents, i'll nip the post office and re-tax it............ern hello mr MOT run out aswell! :evil: bollox! SORN it is then

bloody thing, could of sworn it was all due later in the year! so theres lots of cost now, into garage for re-weld, underseal, cat fitting, MOT and then what else drops on my mat, bloody AA renwal aswell, bloody 2009 can **** right off already as far as i'm concerned

oh and i've got to refit the damn horn before it goes for MOT after the alternator bolt falling into low freq horn fiasco other week when alternator died costing me another 70 quid for a damn new unit

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg

rant over

Daz.
05-01-2009, 05:33
If this year is as bad as the last I'm leaving... Might go to the moon or something.. I can't cope with this world anymore!

All my car stuff is due in March too, Joy :?

16v_paddy
05-01-2009, 11:00
Happy New Year Coops :lol:

I know the feeling mate, I could've swore my MOT & stuff was up in feb so I spent £1,100 on bits for my rebuild only to realise it was up in Jan :shock: so I've got to borrow a load of cash to get it sorted :cry:

white16valver
05-01-2009, 11:40
lol

Easily done m8! :lol:

I've just worked out what I need to spend on mine and what I have coming in and it's all very depressing... :(

kneesparks
05-01-2009, 13:29
Yeh getting old! Could of been worse could of been driving around and not noticed you were out of tax/mot. I drove round in my Astra for 5months with no MOT!! :shock: Looked for MOT then thought S##T its well overdue got it done then got pulled the following wk for no MOT...... how lucky! :wink: Happy 2009

LEIGH-ANNE
05-01-2009, 13:44
yea just be glad it was u who noticed u were out of mot and tax. Could have been the 5-0!!

I collect stamps from the post office when i remember to go. They are £5 each, and thats saved for my txt for when its due. Mines due in feb and ive got £50 saved, tbh i dont miss the odd £20 here and there that i save and it means i dont have to fork out a £100 odd..... 8) :wink:

16v_paddy
05-01-2009, 14:06
Check you out little miss organised :lol:

You're missing out on part of the fun of clio ownership...........the OH SHIT! I need to sort the tax/MOT/insurance etc as well as the..... :roll:

LEIGH-ANNE
05-01-2009, 14:24
That's me LOL

Infact I think that's a pretty good tip, I might do an off topic post on it....

Wobba
05-01-2009, 14:32
Had the same thing the other day. Tax, Insurance and RAC renewal. Fukers!

MOT Next month, need to fix horn, fuel leak, bonnet catch and God knows what else!

Daz.
05-01-2009, 16:18
^^^ what is it with these horns - I've fixed it 4 times already! now I just get the high horn which sounds pretty pathetic :lol:

richy
05-01-2009, 19:59
lol my horn started playing up too, sounded like a quiet duck with a cold, waaaa waaaa lol just fitted a new set on which seem ok so far!