PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge

David
01-07-2005, 09:00
Right had Williams Clio & Now a 16v Valver for the misses now i am sure it is going to be the same on all of the Mk1 Clio's but does the fuel gauge lie when booting the car !!!

For example 1/4 of a tank of fuel if you go down dual tracks flat out say throught a few gears at high RPM does the gauge drop to empty and sometimes does your fuel empty warning light come on??? then once you cruise slowly again it willl jump back up to were it was just before you started driving it probably??? :lol:

Just want to know if everybody has it or is it only on the earlier cars??? and sumit that was perhaps sorted on the later Mk1 models???

Mark_Ritchspeed
01-07-2005, 09:20
I think thats normal. Its probably just down to the petrol surging away from the level sensor and then when you stop accelerating the fuel levels out again.

David
01-07-2005, 09:22
thought as much just wanted to see if most of them suffer from it which by the sounds of it they do
Thanks Mark

kj16v
01-07-2005, 12:56
Yeah my valver does it too. My R5 GTT did it even more! I assume it's down to the position of the fuel level sensor in the tank. - and all that shear unbridled Renault power!

David
01-07-2005, 13:09
Right it is a definate lovely job fellas