PDA

View Full Version : car stereo question

titcharoony
04-01-2009, 10:17
can anyone list all the makes of car stereo that are compatible with the remote volume controls on the willy? i might be wrong but i heard that its not so much the make, but the model thats key....
if anyone gives me any info itd be appreciated, i know my current stereo doesnt have slots for the remote cable.

Lunner
04-01-2009, 10:22
IIRC most after market radios can be used with a remote control, you can get adaptors for halfrauds to get them to work

BRUN
04-01-2009, 13:13
nothing will work without an adapter, most of the common makes you can buy adapters for, like Alpine, Sony, Kenwood etc

you wont be able to buy an adapter for high end makes such as Becker and Nakamichi, and the same goes for the really cheap stuff, Mutant, Goodmans and stuff from Aldi etc

you need to make sure the unit you buy will accept an adapter as the cheaper ones wont, as a rough guide if your spending £150+ then it will have the necessary port at the back, but check before you buy

16v_paddy
05-01-2009, 11:05
Autoleads make most of the adaptors for clios, the adaptor for my alpine stereo is £45, I've been meaning to buy one for mine ever since I bought it (2 years ago :oops: )

It comes as 2 separate leads, 1 is generic that connects to the steering wheel controls which plugs into the 1 that suits your particular head unit :wink:

titcharoony
05-01-2009, 16:13
cheers peeps. most helpful. im watching a jvc headunit on ebay, just gona cross the remote control business when it comes to it.