PDA

View Full Version : roll cage fitting? northwest

bill.
31-12-2008, 16:58
anyone know where i can take my rollcage to be fitted near-ish blackburn area, i'm thinking of pheonix motorsports at accrington at the minute, unless anyone can suggest elsewhere that might be worth a try, that wont cost an arm and a leg.

6 point bolt in omp cage, with NO MOUNTS, and i've been informed that its not worth buying the mounts as there a rip off and are easier/better if made yourself ( ok if you know what your doing :roll: ) but i want the cage welding in.

cheers

Lunner
31-12-2008, 16:59
There is a place in north Yorks meant to be really good, protection & performance or something similar, they'll make cages from scratch too

bill.
31-12-2008, 17:04
****ing hell that was quick lol, i'm hoping for somewhere a bit nearer really, but i will keep it in mind, if nothing crops up nearer to home, ta

cliorod
31-12-2008, 17:26
Bill

http://www.aframeengineering.co.uk/

Ring Mick (numbers on website 2005 prices :cry: :oops: ) ~~ mention me (Rod) :wink: :wink: ~~ He will advise,buy in or make what you need and will not charge you the earth ,or discuss it with him buy your cage and he will fit it.
He his about 3miles from Junction 13 ~~ M65.
The guy mentioned above at Protection & Performance is at Elslack about 5 miles from Skipton.
I hope this helps
Rod

bill.
31-12-2008, 17:32
Mmmmmmmm elslack rings a bell????????????? oh yeah, thats where i got married lol, sorry lunner didn't realise it was that close :roll:

i'll make a few phone calls and mention your name rod, sounds bang on, as long as i can just drive it there leave it with em and pick it up done and dusted i'll be happy

cheers folks

cliorod
31-12-2008, 17:49
For sure :wink: :wink: ~~ that is the way Mick works ~~ He does not like vehicles kept there any longer neccessary :lol: :lol: That is why I suggest you ring him,and sort out your requirements :roll: :wink: .He is aware of Clios :lol: :shock: :lol: .He has done a lot for me :wink: :roll: .Currently sorting out some "Chassis Dynamics" suspension for me :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
I happen to steal these from a very nice "mr SLIPPY" :roll: :lol: :roll: ,whilst he was not looking :roll: :roll: oh it was fronts and rears :lol: :shock: :lol:

bill.
31-12-2008, 17:53
sounds like the perfect place for the job pal, its on a 205 gti by the way, but i'm sure he will have delt with many of these before :D

cliorod
31-12-2008, 19:51
Bill ~~~ you just struck lucky :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick built and prepared the 2007 ( I think :oops: :oops: ) Peugeot 205 GTI challenge WINNING car (s) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rod

Martin
01-01-2009, 14:15
RSM in morecambe did a good job on mine was about £120 IIRC..

bill.
04-01-2009, 18:24
Bill ~~~ you just struck lucky :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick built and prepared the 2007 ( I think :oops: :oops: ) Peugeot 205 GTI challenge WINNING car (s) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rod

:twisted: good stuff, should be in safe hands then :D

bill.
04-01-2009, 18:25
RSM in morecambe did a good job on mine was about £120 IIRC..

thats the kind of price i'm hoping for give or take a bit, we will have to see

bill.
19-01-2009, 18:46
both aframeengineering and protection and performance qouted me 300 notes over the phone to fit the cage :shock: thats a fair bit more than i was hoping to pay, i'll try rsm motorsport tomorrow as said by martin, see how they compare