PDA

View Full Version : williams vs cossie

2 live
01-07-2005, 00:07
well went over to adis private test track tonite.

for those of u that dont know, adi , owner of the cliorossa after matt had it, now has a STANDARD????? saph cossie 2wd.

this car is fukkin mint ,he got a good buy there............anyway

had a few comparisons from rolling....and fukkin ell its a quick un lol
he was in front, pulled a 1/2 car on acc. then just slowly pulled away from 90+, into the r/abouts...and im havin to back off big time...back on the straights and hes slowly pulling away again.

i nearly pissed meself on 1 r/a thinkin hed overcooked it gettin it sideways lol.but he managed to hang onto it.....good bit of driving there lad :wink:

think this cars not std tho lol.....its quicker than a lot of the so called high tuned ones iv raced anyway lol

and yes.....cossie 1 willy 0

was good fun tho hehe

VIPERONE
01-07-2005, 06:50
theres 2 bellends on the street near me, one witha cossieand one witha scooby.. always revving and driving spiritedly, im looking forward for a play.

northy
01-07-2005, 07:54
tis a nice motor....so you were backing off at what speed mate....or was it on the twisties....did he have u on the brakes.

Chris n`nic
01-07-2005, 08:59
Defo not std then m8y....I had a play with one on the way to York last time...big exhaust and dump valve etc. I went to over take the cossie and the car in front and the cossie pulled out in front of me. I had to back off and then accelerate again..he was defo going for it and I was catching him pretty quickly. I can`t imagine Adi with a std car anyway!

Chris

clowo16v
01-07-2005, 12:26
A standard Cossie "should" be faster than a Williams, but most of them are ****ed.

My uncles old 340bhp XR4x4 was timed 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, which is about the same as a Cossie with a stage 1 tune on the engine.

See ya

Matt

2 live
01-07-2005, 16:12
lol..its only been set up properly.fuelling/boost etc....no chip bigger turbo or owt

fukkin quik tho

was having to back off thru the twisties mate, and yes he had me on the brakes too, immense stopping power on em..i suffered quite a bit of fade :oops: .........which is probs y i was cornering a lot faster than him come to think of it lol

this is def one of the fastest 1s iv encountered for the spec, usually a lot more modded ones have only seen the back of the willy, when givin it some on roads etc, spesh the rwd 1s

Slithers
01-07-2005, 17:31
Sweet be-jesus a saph cossie out doing the one in front?!?!?!!?

i really never rated those things as being that quick.

Martin
01-07-2005, 18:03
Hmm sounds like a bit tweaking on a cossie to beat the 1 in front!! Should get his ass over to york or one of the n/w meets...

clowo16v
01-07-2005, 22:14
I cant wait to get my 1961 Ford Popular 100E finished. People who have been to York will have seen my mate Ians Cortina with the Sierra 4x4 running gear and 4 litre, twin turbo and supercharged and nitrous injected V6.

My car has his old 3.5 litre engine, and just twin turbos and nitrous. Still making well over 500bhp though :D and as its being built for speed, weights just a tad over 800kg lol.

See ya

Matt

Martin
01-07-2005, 22:42
:shock: