PDA

View Full Version : Kangoo Van - Opinions/Info Pls...

u33db
30-12-2008, 12:36
Hi,

thinking of changing my car this coming year as it'll need mot'd and the milage will have gone +100k so round about the time things go wrong.

Theres a Renault Kangoo van (dci 80) for sale not far away from me which i'm interested in...mainly as it gets masssive mpg but also as its only on 33k.

My question is - are these based on the mk2 clios and are the solid enough?

Reason i ask is that aside from the points above i'd probably end up 'tarting' it up and i'd like to know how much stuff would be interchangable.

I see the engine is covered by a superchip but would say the springs/wheels be swapable from a clio?

I'm hoping its much like the extra vans were (i.e basically a car underneigth) but am unsure.

Also, does anyone drive these for their work - are they comfortable enough?

Thanks in advance!

Daz.
30-12-2008, 15:11
I had one via work for a bit - slooooooooow - nowt an f7r wouldn't fix though!

It was cheap and cheerful enough, drove like a van but wasn't as loud as say a berlingo or partner on the motorway - with a roofrack it was changing lanes all the time without my help!

Lunner
30-12-2008, 16:38
We had one on site, out of the vans we had (others were fords) it was the quickest, nice little van to drive, quick enough for a van, and still did 90....something that north yorkshire police can vouch for :oops:

Bit rattly and loud at high speeds.....but then most vans are

u33db
30-12-2008, 17:02
Cool.

Well i'm tempted - thought i'd get one, superchip it to 100bhp then lower it and that'd do me for a runabout.

Will need to have a think though - got my mondeo paid off today so not sure whether to sacrifice what i have with that...

BRUN
30-12-2008, 18:26
we have one as our delivery van and its very slow after 30-40mph

they are comfy as fook to drive though, you hardly feel most bumps at all, even speed bumps, fair bit of body roll though as its a van

talkingfish
30-12-2008, 18:46
my missus had a clio mk2 with the 80bhp dci engine in it - was a sound strong motor - we got 60+mpg average... it's very chipable - you can get 100bhp+ quite easily...

Lunner
30-12-2008, 20:11
we have one as our delivery van and its very slow after 30-40mph

they are comfy as fook to drive though, you hardly feel most bumps at all, even speed bumps, fair bit of body roll though as its a van

You just aren't driving it properly ;)

I'd say speed wise it was on a par with the 2.0 Di Vectra i had

stan
30-12-2008, 22:50
The 1.5dci's are very punchy, certainly not slow, ive got a kangoo and its quicker than my 1.9dti laguna....and better on fuel.

Im selling the van if your intrested. 52plate, 12months mot, brand new turbocharger (they are prone to failures), 42k miles, white, nice clean condition...
pm me if you want some pics..

doug2.0
31-12-2008, 15:08
i was thinking about a kangoo but they have there good and bad points imo.

good...
mpg
comfort
space
easy to fix

bad...
they look shit and are really uncool, which is good if you just want 'a van'

but i was leaning more towards an extra
cool as ****....

http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=203987&highlight=extra+van#203987 :twisted:

but im planning on dropping one (easy as its the same set up as a ren 5) on 14inch bbs split rims and a cheap re spray in gunmetal grey. but i cant part with the williams just yet

u33db
01-01-2009, 11:38
I had an extra with an rsi engine in it.

Agree they're better looking but a lot of work and hard to find decent ones, especially up my way. :(

Hmmm...another reno though - after 10 do i risk another? lol

u33db
09-01-2009, 09:38
Hmm...may have found something better;

Citreon Berlingo 2.0 HDI.

90bhp as standard so probably chippable to 110 or so with a shedload of torque.

Anyone had an experience of these?

Wobba
09-01-2009, 10:36
Thing is with vans, you have a licence to drive like a twat. Sorted!

u33db
09-01-2009, 10:37
lol!

So true though 8)

Rob72
10-01-2009, 01:13
Thing is with vans, you have a licence to drive like a t**t. Sorted!

ill have to disagree with that. imo van drivers are usually very expierienced and safe.
the worst drivers are boy racer types and pensioners.

p.s. berlingo, partner, kangoo are all much the same, i think the transit connect is best in class small van.

16v_paddy
10-01-2009, 02:11

ill have to disagree with that. imo van drivers are usually very expierienced and safe.

And heres the exception to the rule :roll: my m8 is a courier & he drives his sprinter like a hooligan :twisted: constantly power sliding it at every opportunity and always outbraking everything that manages to get past him at roundabouts :lol:

Daz.
10-01-2009, 07:51
Tranny connects rock in my books - I've had some awesome fun in one of those!

richy
10-01-2009, 09:35

And heres the exception to the rule :roll: my m8 is a courier & he drives his sprinter like a hooligan :twisted: constantly power sliding it at every opportunity and always outbraking everything that manages to get past him at roundabouts :lol:

i have to agree with rob72, i drive a sprinter everyday and untill then i didnt realise how bad 90% of car drivers are, i do on average 500-1000mile a week(no im not a courier too), i was driving down the M62 the other day and doing 80 in the outside lane with a car infront a good distance away, he saw a cop car parked on the side and just hit the brakes!!! suddenly we was doing 60 and me and everyone behind us had to slam on to avoid this dick, as soon as we had gone past it he zoomed off and just sat in the outside lane even though there wasnt a thing in the middle/inside lanes!

have to say i know how truck drivers feel to, my van is fully loaded and takes abit to keep it going at 80 and when some twat in a car just dives across the front of you causing you to brake in order to keep a gap of more then 4ft! takes bloody ages to build that back up, esp if its uphill!!!

car drivers in general = tossers! :wink:

col
10-01-2009, 10:15
Hey Rob im nearly a pensioner ,but i know what you mean "effin rover drivers...oops! i use to be a rep good an bad in all of us . :lol: