PDA

View Full Version : HELP 2 of my cylinders have got water in them!

ThRaXaIR
25-12-2008, 23:48
my williams is out for the winter but i went to see it yesterday and after lifting the bonnet i noticed water around the HT leads. i then removed the leads and found 2 of the cylinders have filled with water!! i've now soaked up most of the water but what do i do now?

do i leave it alone and let it dry out totally or get the plugs out and let the whole thing dry out? would the water have penetrated the plug and gone into the actual engine? also the bottom of the ht leads have gone creamy from the oily water. i've wiped them down is that sufficient?

that bloody bonnet scoop may look nice but its actually a menace!! :P

cheers

Justin..
25-12-2008, 23:53
i take it you havent lost any coolant?

water tends to drip on the exhaust not the plugs like the r19 :?

Justin..
25-12-2008, 23:54
also i'd start it up so the cylinders dont rust over

Lunner
25-12-2008, 23:56
By the sounds of it you've just got water in the top of the pugs where the HT leads go from the bonnet vent, shouldn't get into the cylinders.

Invest in a car cover

ThRaXaIR
26-12-2008, 18:05
phew crisis over, dried it all out and water didnt get past the plugs so it started first time. i was worried due to my lack of mechanical knowledge.

also the car cover is now on! :lol:

cheers

cliokiz
29-12-2008, 11:32
Water/oil shouldn't be able to penetrate the plugs but make sure you dry it all out if it happens again.

Don't under any circumstances take your plugs out if you have water in the plug wells!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrolock