PDA

View Full Version : Williams 2 - whats it worth

Smudger
22-12-2008, 13:19
Hi Guy's

Unfortunately the time has come and the williams will be up for sale in January. Running two cars at the moment (mine and Misses) and its time for one to go and it has to be the williams :cry:

In current climate i know used car prices arent too great and i need some help to price my car reasonably in light of its condition.

The car is pretty clean, covered 112,000 miles with full service history and last service carried out less than 200 miles ago by myself using genuine Renault filter and Mobil Super s 10w-40 Oil.

Bodywork wise its pretty clean but does has some niggly bits, paint chips onto of the doors and arches have minor surface rust. Off side rear arch also has a very minor dent which is hardly noticeable but will pull out.

Car currently sits on Ph1 172 Oz's with good 195/50 tyres but will also come with a genuine set of Speedline Willy wheels which need a re-furb.

Apart from that its had new front disks and pad's, new handbrake cables and new front n/s wheel bearing during its MOT in august. Car will also come with two brand new wishbones complete with new bearings and ball joints which i havent yet fitted.

Think thats about it so any idea's on price would be great

redeye83
22-12-2008, 13:41
could do with some pics tbh mate of the good and bad bits

Daz.
22-12-2008, 15:06
willys never sell well without standard alloys on - before you do anything I suggest getting them put back on.

Smudger
22-12-2008, 15:32
the car will come with both sets of alloys, i doubt the fact that they are not physically on the car is a problem.

I took them off to have re-furbed but never got round to it. who ever buy's the car can then have the wheels re-furbed to their taste then sell the OZ's on to claw back some of the outlay

talkingfish
23-12-2008, 11:08
about £2k based on the information given in the current climate....

Smudger
23-12-2008, 12:13
well thats not bad i suppose, id really be looking for offers above £1500 for it

midge
23-12-2008, 17:26
i just took £1400 for mine which had no rust, 12month mot, good wheels 109k

Smudger
23-12-2008, 17:48
why did you sell it so low mate? looks to be in fair condition

Wobba
23-12-2008, 19:20
You have to remember stuff like location. There are not many of these cars and some people wont bother looking at cars that are 200 miles away, which was the case with me. I was lucky, a guy 1 mile away sold his and he knew nothing about mechanics or electrics and just wanted shot, I bagged a bargain, but I would probably not have bothered going miles and miles to look at a duffer.

Check the other Williams ads and see if any are for sale nearby, if not, hike it up in price. If they knock you down, fair enough.

When I sold my valver the guy travelled about 50 miles to buy it, as there were simply none for sale down South at the time that were in any fit state. Mine was perfect except for the bodywork. I got what I asked for pretty much, I didn't even allow them to haggle.

If people want a car, they will usually want to buy it as long as it goes well and isnt dodgy. These are enthusiast cars remember.