PDA

View Full Version : Lift of oversteer....

stan
21-12-2008, 23:42
Im a big fan of it, and can induce it quite nicley in a Williams..

Does anybody who owns/drives williams have any trouble getting lift of oversteer?

In the dry im talking..

stevie_b
21-12-2008, 23:48
Loads of people will!

Coops
21-12-2008, 23:51
will does it, turbo doesnt :lol:

richy
22-12-2008, 00:07
easy to do it in the hybrid, always do it on track!

Justin..
22-12-2008, 00:14
easy peasy on the naples (widetracked & lowered 35mm) and on the old valver it was easy but bit more hairy cos it used to snap alot violently

bill.
22-12-2008, 00:24
both my willy & valver did it nicely, and both my 1.6 & 1.9 gti where well on par with the clio's, not really had chance to try it in my current pug, but i'm sure it will be just the same, although a lot more lairy as i'll probably be going a lot quicker :twisted:

Wobba
22-12-2008, 01:30
As it is, my car is incredibly grippy, though I do get the odd 4 wheel drift whilst on power in bends, though only really in the wet.

I do get lift off understeer which means steering further into a bend coming off power, which I guess if I was as 'enthusiastic' as some of you would equate to tail out action if I was going faster.

Personally though, I dont like that as I like to power out of bends and as such keep it on the boil at high revs in case I need the higher rev band power to nulify oversteer.

Had two serious moments were Iw as caught out by sudden lift off oversteer and so now I am a bit of a coward.

franksvalver
22-12-2008, 01:50
i did it last night when i had to lift off for a cone in the road on a corner... shat myself but once i corrected it i thought i was the don :P

Matty86
22-12-2008, 01:56
can do it easily

not so good at controlling/correcting it though :P

Justin..
22-12-2008, 01:57
lol, power out of it!

Purple
22-12-2008, 09:30
Back at my old workplace, there's a couple wide 90 degree corners when approaching the carpark. Going to work/coming home was like a hollywood car chase and wore down a set of Falkens in less than 4 months just commuting. My tyre guy got fed up of the rotation. :) Good times!

stan
22-12-2008, 11:42
lol^^

matt--best thing to do is keep dabbling the throttle on/off/on/off just to keep balanced enough to not let it snap round. if it does start to get away with it it self best thing to do is just give it full throttle and opposite lock, and it will/should :lol: pull back in line.

cheers for the input, it was just gathering info to put a dispute with someone to rest...job done.

J o n
22-12-2008, 12:16
Williams was great for neutral turn in and big lift off oversteer, was so much fun! My 172 however grips more than a scooby when I'm using my 'special' tyres ;) lol

Jamie.
22-12-2008, 14:28
I dont like it personally.

If you make a mistake on entry speed thats it you just have to go with it.

Daz.
22-12-2008, 14:42
I used to enjoy playing with it but I once went in way too hot and it really shit me up - I avoid it now till I've had more experience with it - especially WHERE it happened - I'd have had some serious damage to both me and car.

J o n
22-12-2008, 15:08
dunno, never found it that difficult to control, not like other cars I have owned anyway. If you want to see a FWD car drift like a goodun you just need to take a passenger ride with 2 live, he'll make it dance lol

richy
22-12-2008, 19:41
lol^^

matt--best thing to do is keep dabbling the throttle on/off/on/off just to keep balanced enough to not let it snap round. if it does start to get away with it it self best thing to do is just give it full throttle and opposite lock, and it will/should :lol: pull back in line.

cheers for the input, it was just gathering info to put a dispute with someone to rest...job done.

pretty much as you put it, just dab on/off/on/off to control it and play with the steering!

hybridhughes
22-12-2008, 19:43
i love it , when it does it i tend to plant the throttle and steer into it and it pull it back in a treat.
heres one i done not so long ago at the bottom of kraners at donington
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A42KWnvfGss&feature=channel

number1
22-12-2008, 21:06
had a bit of oversteer the other day in a place where it couldve ended messy, But sooo Catchable! gotta love williams widetrack!

talkingfish
23-12-2008, 11:04
all part of the fun - the good thing about the Willy is it's soooo controlable and so progressive

gazz81
23-12-2008, 18:27
its great if you keep it the right side of safe, the main problem on the public highway is the lack of a full road in the event of needing to regain control!

As for track action oversteer can be good, a little tiring if caused by bad setup!

white16valver
23-12-2008, 18:31
Haven't intentionally done it but I agree with the controllable comment :)