PDA

View Full Version : Hiya ! Ur advice on a Megane RS

NicoTheFrench
21-12-2008, 16:39
Hi everybody, the French is back !!
I need ur advice on a Megane Renault Sport, I saw that in ur country they are cheaper than in France !
Here is the car : http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/823928.htm
I answered a question : why is it so cheap ! his response :

"Hello mate,

I am very delighted to see you're interested to buy my car.The vehicle in exellent condition and runs like perfect, It has never been involved in any kind of accident, and it has got no mechanical problems, also it has no outstanding finance as I purchased it outright.Technical inspection and emissions testing is passed and stamped as well.I have worked in UK for the last 1 year and I've purchased the car there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in Italy. I've bring the car home with me. I decided that is better to sell it because it`s still registered in the UK and it`s a right-hand drive car so it`s hard for me to drive it here where all the cars are left-hand drives, and I have to pay a lot of money to register it in this country.I realize that is a cheap price for such a car but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn't do in normal circumstances.The car have MOT and road tax until next year.Also has full service history.
If you have other questions about the car not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers
Mirco Galanni"

Need ur experts advice for this rosbeef meggy :lol:

The frog

Justin..
21-12-2008, 16:42
avoid. sounds like a scam im afraid.

the name on that email you got doesnt match the one in the advert

schakal
21-12-2008, 16:51
yeah sounds a bit dodgy to me too :shock:

Dno194
23-12-2008, 10:04
That is definitely a scam mate.

I had that response from a 'seller' of a Golf GTI that I was interested in buying early this year. It is absolutly identical, word for word, to the response I received. It was advertised on pistonheads.

If its too good to be true, it normally is. Still some genuine bargains to be had at the moment though!

number1
23-12-2008, 17:41
Ive heard that before as well word for word, Steer well Clear!

redeye83
23-12-2008, 18:13
yeah sounds a bit dodgy tbh. too good to be true!!

white16valver
23-12-2008, 18:32
Walk away!

NicoTheFrench
23-12-2008, 20:32
Thx mate ! It was too much beautifull to be true
Neverthless, Megane RS are cheaper in UK than in French, but RHD is difficult here for a daily use (macdonalds etc... !)