PDA

View Full Version : what are they?

bendee
15-12-2008, 22:52
ok took the dash out and thought while its out ill see what i can remove from the car so wonderd what are they and are they needed?

i have 2 of these eash side of the dash they say abs on them what are they?
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/bendeelee/random2.jpg

random white plug sure it wasnt plugged into anything
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/bendeelee/random1.jpg

random lock
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/bendeelee/random.jpg

also near the interior light there was them few bits take it they was for the standard alarm? can they be removed now as i have a toad alarm and seperate sensors?

another question i took the dash out and put the clocks back in and when i turened the lights on the dash lights came on. i also put the dimmer switch on not sure why as i didnt need to but i did.
i mounted it against the bulk head and went to change the dimmer to see if it work and must of pressed the metal bit against the metal of the car and the dash lights went out what have i done?

stevie_b
15-12-2008, 23:01
Sounds like you have just blown the fuse for the dash lights. Just replace the fuse and all should be well!

That lock thing is to turn off the alarm/immobiliser system.

bendee
15-12-2008, 23:15
ive had a look for the fuse and non of them seem to be dead i thought that aswell witch is the actual one for the clocks?
so i dont need the lock anymore then as im guessing its from the standard alarm

speed
15-12-2008, 23:20
that white plug is the rear wiper relay iirc

bendee
16-12-2008, 17:30
white plug wasnt actually plugged into anything lol so took it off.

phoned renault today about the black boxes gave them the part numbers and they didnt work so still unsure there looks to be loads of wires i can get rid of but im unsire and dont want to be breaking anything.

found another plug was on the drivers side again not plugged into anything :S it was pressed onto the bulk head just below the window right in the corner, any ideas?

bendee
16-12-2008, 17:32

phoned renault today about the black boxes gave them the part numbers and they didnt work so still unsure there looks to be loads of wires i can get rid of but im unsire and dont want to be breaking anything.

found another plug was on the drivers side again not plugged into anything :S it was pressed onto the bulk head just below the window right in the corner, any ideas?

speed
16-12-2008, 18:16
they must be for abs?? i dont have them in my non abs car

the other plug on drivers side. mine was white with green and cream wires iirc its linked into central lockingg

bendee
16-12-2008, 18:23
ok so as im not using abs no more i can chop it out the loom? i still have the abs unit but no sensors abs hubs or driveshafts.

the other random plug seems to have a from left to right 2 cream/white wires a green then black with green stripe.

MatBrown
16-12-2008, 23:07
Don't chop them, i'm sure they are something to do with the phase 2 immobiliser!

Mat.

FATBOY
16-12-2008, 23:12
whay are you taking them out???? if there hidden by the dash then i wouldnt worry to much about them. and if its for weight saving measures them im sure a few wires isnt gonna matter that much???

richy
16-12-2008, 23:19
hard to tell from the pic but the black box looks like a decoder unit, for the immob/keys

the abs computer is built onto the abs unit in the engine bay, there is one plug under the n/s of dash which the abs loom is plugged into the dash loom thats it iirc

MatBrown
16-12-2008, 23:32
They only say ABS on them cos thats what they are made out of, ABS plastic.

Mat.

stevie_b
16-12-2008, 23:45
Yes, that black Valeo box is the immobiliser unit. The lock thing you also found has a pair of wires that run into it?

bendee
17-12-2008, 16:27
not sure where the lock went i pulled it to see where it went and it came off.

i have a toad alarm is the standard stuff still needed?

basically im thinking of leaving the dash off and looking at tidying things up by getting rid of unwanted wires ect

harvythehippo
17-12-2008, 19:39

i think these are just spares, i remember the same on mine, you should have the same on the passenger side which are used, therefore making me think that they are for LHD cars, keep the photos comming as you saw my dash and it could do with tidying up! :D

bendee
17-12-2008, 20:16
yeah supose so. ill have to look into it i think it could come out looking ok gona make my own dash top i think or leave it bare ill put pics up when cage is in properly everythings tidied and painted again looks a mess atm lol

speed
18-12-2008, 07:56
whay are you taking them out???? if there hidden by the dash then i wouldnt worry to much about them. and if its for weight saving measures them im sure a few wires isnt gonna matter that much???

ive had near on 4kg out of my loom, thats apretty decent saving

i want to remove my dash but i dont want to remove the heater box, i dont think it will look as tidy with the heater in there.
for the dash top why not leave std in? it will look neater as you can tuck most wires up there,

bendee
18-12-2008, 17:19
yeah thats what ill be doing for the time being i think would love it looking like this tho

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/clioracer/cup/DSC_0338.jpg