PDA

View Full Version : Bedford Autodrome

Lunner
14-12-2008, 19:07
The noise limit at Bedford Autodrome is strictly 101db static, 87.5db drive-by

Any ideas how loud a hybrid with a supersprint manifold, de-cat and straight through centre section will be? I'm guessing more than that?

mark
14-12-2008, 21:09
hard to say unless someone has the same spec. id say it would be very close.

stevie_b
14-12-2008, 21:41
101dB static at what distance? I would think you should just be able to scrape through. I have been black flagged at Goodwood in the past, although they have pretty low limits. I have a sound pressure level meter if you are ever down this way and want to test?

Lunner
14-12-2008, 21:45
its at 0.5m at 3/4 max revs, driveby is at 20m

stevie_b
14-12-2008, 21:47
Could be close if they actually do measure you. I should be up in Bedford area in a week or so if you wanted to meet to try measuring? I would expect you should be fine at Bedford though really - it is one of the laxest places for noise :lol:

Mr.AdamB
15-12-2008, 00:10
id think if these scoobys can get on there with there exhaust ..should be ok in the clio with that system., i need to get mine checked with the sideexit find out if i need another silencer before i go to bedford :).

stevie_b
15-12-2008, 09:10
I've had grief in the past with both the Scooby and the Clio so they probably aren't far apart in the volume department! Adam - you are not far away so if you wanted to try with my meter then just give me a shout and we can meet up somewhere (away from my neighbours :lol:). There are various things you can then do to quieten it down, using 'bungs' etc. I once saw a fabricated metal 'cone' placed over the end of an Evo's exhaust knock the noise down quite noticeably, so I'd trial something like that first as it was light and easy to fit.

matty w
15-12-2008, 12:19
the problem with bedford is theres noise activaters all round the track,my old 172 was pretty loud and never had a problem

number1
15-12-2008, 19:03
101 decibels is quite loud! my hybrid with standard manifold, decat and mongoose was well under the 98 db limit at combe, dont really think fitting the supersprint has made a difference in noise below 5k!

richy
15-12-2008, 19:12
mine is well below 98db and has supersprint manifold, decat and mongoose system, cant remember what it was, but i know the scorpion was down at 84db!!

'should' be ok but get someone like stevie b to test woukd be best by far! i know a few of the side exits ive heard were very loud compared to my mongoose!!