PDA

View Full Version : What pads to use??

kneesparks
10-12-2008, 21:15
Hi all im in need of some pads for the williams what do you think are good on std set up? :wink:

Wobba
11-12-2008, 00:47
Hi all im in need of some pads for the williams what do you think are good on std set up? :wink:

Mintex 1144's are good, and cabonne lorraine sposed to be good, but loads of people have Ferodo jobbies (cant remember what type). Only problem with the Mintax is the squeal and lorraines have a lot of brake dust.

Had the 1144's on my Valver and they pwned my Willy's brakes.

Can get the Mintex 1144 Extremes, which help reduce brake squeal.

Totti
11-12-2008, 01:05

Mintex 1144's are good, and cabonne lorraine sposed to be good, but loads of people have Ferodo jobbies (cant remember what type). Only problem with the Mintax is the squeal and lorraines have a lot of brake dust.

The lorraine squeal a lot too!

Wobba
11-12-2008, 14:29

The lorraine squeal a lot too!

I've yet to test yours!

white16valver
11-12-2008, 19:37
Pagid Blue F T W :P :D

Wobba
11-12-2008, 20:37

I have heard these are good.

kneesparks
11-12-2008, 23:19
Im sure i see a post about the pads and it had a link for the web site on it but i just cant find it DOH :roll:

stevie_b
11-12-2008, 23:57

They are pretty good, probably the best I have used so far, but after a few hard laps round the 'Ring they had started to disintegrate:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j299/2stis/pagid_blue.jpg

I have moved up to Pagid Yellows now - I'll let you know how they get on.

lino
12-12-2008, 13:27
Here in Portugal we use:
:arrow: Ferodo DS2500
:arrow: EBC Green Stuff

but... it depends about the discs you are using...

maybe...
Brembo Max + Ferodo DS2500
or
Tarox G88 + EBC Green Stuff

talking about everyday use cars...

Regards,
Lino

white16valver
12-12-2008, 15:11

They are pretty good, probably the best I have used so far, but after a few hard laps round the 'Ring they had started to disintegrate:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j299/2stis/pagid_blue.jpg

I have moved up to Pagid Yellows now - I'll let you know how they get on.
Blues are fine for every day road use though!! LOL :lol:

Yoz was the best price I could find after trawling the internet.

kneesparks
12-12-2008, 18:39
How much and where from bud :wink:

white16valver
12-12-2008, 18:52
http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=pagid_blue_brake_pads_front_re nault_clio_williams_16v

Ignore the bit about not intended for road use, that's just what the manufacturers say - they're absolutely fine! lol

I believe one of the lambo models uses them as standard!

kneesparks
12-12-2008, 19:01
How much!! Bloody el i pay that for my skyline pads, was hoping to pay around £50 if poss, ta for the link anyway mate. :oops:

white16valver
12-12-2008, 19:49
LOL

Yeah, they're not cheap!

Carbone Lorraines are about £50 I think?

2 live
12-12-2008, 23:05
never had any trouble with my ferodo s tbh.

dunno wot the 1st set were tbh, all red backing plates etc. last set were ds2500s both stood up to some fairly heavy abuse

bill.
13-12-2008, 00:24
i'm just about to upgrade my pads on the pug, after looking into it, i'm going for ds2500, ment to be very good on track.

2 live
13-12-2008, 13:31
as above. never had 1 bit of fade either on or off track.

number1
13-12-2008, 18:54
Red stuffs are pretty high in my opinions tbh, had greenstuffs a few years back and i replaced them for standards they were so shockingly c**p for Fast road pads

white16valver
02-09-2009, 11:42
Ok, thread from the dead but I think it's time for new pads...

My Pagid Blues are cracking and down to about 5mm of pad material, so I think new ones would be good! I can't afford new blues though :( so may go for carbone lorraines if I can get a good price, or perhaps the DS2500.

Are DS2500 good from cold? Squeal at all? I don't mind if they do :twisted: lol

I reckon I might go for the CLs as they're supposed to be excellent, and I don't do that much heavy driving so shouldn't get too much brake dust :)

katbloke
02-09-2009, 12:12
Im just using genuine renault ones, afterall thats what they came out the factory with

busterhymes
02-09-2009, 12:56
Im just using genuine renault ones, afterall thats what they came out the factory with

doin the same dont see any point to spending stupid money on pads for road use, so unless its a trackday only weapon or something running silly power std pads r fine wear well and dont squeal like a piggy everytime u pop to the shops :wink: :lol:

stevie_b
02-09-2009, 12:57
Pagid RS29 (Yellows) I mentioned above are standing up really well so far, but they cost even more than the blues (~£180) and I'm not sure if they come in Williams fitment?

busterhymes
02-09-2009, 12:59
Pagid RS29 (Yellows) I mentioned above are standing up really well so far, but they cost even more than the blues (~£180) and I'm not sure if they come in Williams fitment?

£180 :shock: WTF i would want the ****ing calipers for that :lol:

Wobba
02-09-2009, 13:55
Ok, thread from the dead but I think it's time for new pads...

My Pagid Blues are cracking and down to about 5mm of pad material, so I think new ones would be good! I can't afford new blues though :( so may go for carbone lorraines if I can get a good price, or perhaps the DS2500.

Are DS2500 good from cold? Squeal at all? I don't mind if they do :twisted: lol

I reckon I might go for the CLs as they're supposed to be excellent, and I don't do that much heavy driving so shouldn't get too much brake dust :)

My DS2500's don't squeal. I cannot be 100% sure but I think my Mintex pads were better by a slight margin, could just be my leaking brake pipe though...seem damn good now I've fixed the leaking brake union.

Allan
02-09-2009, 14:02
had mintex on the old valver, they were very good.
Got green stuff on the current valver, they are the worst pads i have used end of stay away :P

If you like your green stuff try something else and you will see what you have been missing lol

Have Ferodo on the williams atm, and they are great, i got a bit of squeel from them but nothing major, so either Mintex or Ferodo for me.

white16valver
02-09-2009, 14:12
Thanks for the input all :)

I may have to go for the DS2500 as they're a bit more road orientated than the CLs, but I don't do many miles at the moment so for around the same price, why not go for CLs?

Dilemma! lol

I'm glad to hear your Yellows are good, Stevie - I should hope so at that price... LOL :lol:

eternalife
02-09-2009, 21:28
I used green stuff and they were slightly better than standard i'd say. Did what they said on the box really, very subjective thing is pads.
EBC did 'update' the greenstuff a little while back which IIRC I had the 'newer' version of them. Good points, were they didnt dust much and were cheap.

DS2500 are nice pad, bite well etc - but be sure to protect ur alloys/clean them regularly - or they will eat into them.