PDA

View Full Version : Swap: Megane F7R head for Williams/Valver head

benlooker
08-12-2008, 23:38
Ive got a megane f7r head thats in good condition done 69k miles, looking for a williams head ideally or a valver one would do. Any condition considered, would probably take a willy head with bent valves.

ant84
08-12-2008, 23:56
why do u want a valver/williams head? is a megane head better than ours?

16v_paddy
09-12-2008, 00:07
probably doesn't want the coils & prefers a dizzy instead

benlooker
09-12-2008, 00:10
Megy head has slightly bigger valves than the williams and is better for iTB's apparently. I want to put the megy engine in the valver and its a lot easier with a valver or willy head by all accounts due to the megane using coil pack rather than dizzy as said!

ant84
09-12-2008, 00:14
so if i was to swap with you wot wuld be my gains?
and would i need to swap to a coil and would it coe with it?

sorry im very new to the engine side of things still on cars if im gonna gain power even buy a few bhp then i go for it buddy as long as it goes strighrt on with no problems??

16v_paddy
09-12-2008, 01:00
I think you might have issues to resolve with engine management when swapping the heads etc :?

Don't quote me on that though, I'm just commenting on the basis of what I was seeing at the RR day with the mix & match of heads & blocks and management. IIRC the problems were with the fuelling not being quite right for whatever conbination of head, block & management was being used

I read somewhere that you can get the meggy head machined to take a dizzy, but what management you'd need (if any) I aint got a clue :?

benlooker
09-12-2008, 08:18
The gains would be minimul to be honest from willy head to megy head. The megy has 33mm valves compared to the willys 32mm valves (i think). From valver head to megy may be a bit more. You would have to get it machined to accept a diizzy or run standalone management i believe. Its a much better head if your fittin iTB's tho.

robi1000
09-12-2008, 10:22
Why is it better for fitting iTBs? Because of the port design?

Allan
09-12-2008, 10:58
where abouts are you ?

stan
09-12-2008, 11:14
in std form, i.e. modified it is not better!
Another forum rumour...

When modified it can be made better, for the valve area.

benlooker
09-12-2008, 12:01
Well i stand corrected then! I live near Kendal. So Stan if your still interested in swapping for a valver head i could meet you next time your goin to Carlisle. It will be complete with cam cover and inlet manifold if you want them as i have no use for them. Let me no if you are, cheers.

stan
09-12-2008, 12:39
Hi mate
I'll be up boxing day, and staying for probably a week.

PM me your mobile number and I'll give you a bell.

Craig