PDA

View Full Version : To turbo or not to turbo.

spikey-ben
27-11-2008, 20:40
Ive just got my williams back from having all the rust removed and a fresh lick of paint and im stuck as wot to do next with it. Ive been toying with the idea of doing a homebru turbo conversion or just building a fast N/A engine. The cars done 138,000 and one way or another the motor is going to need a rebuild soon.
I just want to now wot peeps views are on the subject and costs really.
Cheers Ben

bbaazz-08
27-11-2008, 20:48
TURBO.............when you feel the boost kicking in you know all the works worthwile haha......it cost a lot though you just cant stop uprating things

lewis_willy is breaking his williams turbo though so you could pick everything up at a nice rate

16v_paddy
28-11-2008, 07:26
^^ It's not fair :cry: I want his turbo bits - can I **** afford them atm tho :cry: :roll:

spikey-ben
28-11-2008, 20:41
is there a specific turbo that everyone uses e.g. garret t2

richy
28-11-2008, 20:44
i think coops and maxiboy run the gt28rs garret turbos, think a few others run either t2 or t3 variants

spikey-ben
28-11-2008, 21:09
Cheers richy
i dont want anything to big because i dont want massive amounts of boost really. Would like to keep it a little bit reliable but saying that i shoudnt be putting a turbo on it if i want reliability. Aiming for around 200 to 230 bhp hence i cant decide wether to turbo or not

richy
28-11-2008, 21:16
either route you choose be it turbo or n/a tuning will cost to get to around that power, obviously you need to look at it long term wise and if you would eventually want to increase on the 200-230bhp area

tbh after going in coops car i wanted to turbo mine, but after buying a few bits i decided not to for 2 reasons really, first being money and second its a trackcar so n/a is proberly the better route for me(always loved high tuned n/a anyway lol)