PDA

View Full Version : Where is Northy?

Carole Anne
24-11-2008, 14:37
Just trying to get hold of him but nowt important.

Ta

Carole Anne

Daz.
24-11-2008, 15:06
I do believe he's climbing off my mother... I'll just pop upstairs and check :D

He's probably got stuck in a hedge somewhere along a popular bike route 8)

Carole Anne
24-11-2008, 15:42
:lol: you nutter!

Yes have seen the pics of him on his scary bike!

I just want me willy stickers :D

Carole Anne

snowman
24-11-2008, 15:46
Aye,ive pm'd the fella too but not a sausage

2 live
24-11-2008, 17:13
i think hes kinda abondonned this site tbh....no meets, no answers......no nowt.

J o n
24-11-2008, 17:15
he's left and joined the YMCA

Carole Anne
24-11-2008, 20:07
awww no don't say that :(

sent him an email and it bounced back to :?

is the site dying? :cry: I like it here

Carole Anne

2 live
24-11-2008, 20:38
lol...........and there was me thinking this site was more than 1 person :shock:

Justin..
24-11-2008, 21:17
lol :shock:

FATBOY
24-11-2008, 22:13
he owes me some stickers too. i dont think hes abandoned this site, not after the money he has put into it all. he will be back on here soon i think, will drop him a text to find out.

Coops
25-11-2008, 02:18
he is a bit pants of late tho, honesty is the key, if hes lost interest needs to pass the buck

MAXIBOY
25-11-2008, 03:09
its those gay leathers i think...

:shock:

Carole Anne
25-11-2008, 10:11
Obviously I don't think the site is just one person. :lol:

It is just a tad quiet round these parts lately. Whilst I don't contibute loads to threads cos I'm not that technically minded and some of what you guys talk about goes way over my head I do like reading about stuff. It lets me get to know my willy better :shock:

Also its more welcoming on here than say other sites. As I say whilst I don't post often when I do there is always someone there to help whose main aim isn't to try and catch me out or make me feel silly. :)

If there were more meets up North I would make an effort to get to them, but there don't seem to many of us in Yorkshire/North East.

Aw well I guess Northy is playing with his new toy whilst dressed like a power ranger :lol:

Carole Anne

talkingfish
25-11-2008, 10:58
Do we need a new leader??????

simonr85
25-11-2008, 11:43
i could help out with site maintenance if needed

J o n
25-11-2008, 12:04
The site needs updating and role's revising as if we're being honest, nothing has progressed in a LONG time.

simonr85
25-11-2008, 12:22
id be up for helping updating the site, including a proper member section with all the proper manuals etc and any other bits people can think of, maybe adverts for non paid members that could generate revenue towards future club meets or trackdays maybe.

J o n
25-11-2008, 12:32
id be up for helping updating the site, including a proper member section with all the proper manuals etc and any other bits people can think of, maybe adverts for non paid members that could generate revenue towards future club meets or trackdays maybe.

All sounds good to me fella

simonr85
25-11-2008, 12:59

All sounds good to me fella

lets see what Go Go Power Northy says

2 live
25-11-2008, 14:43
Obviously I don't think the site is just one person. :lol:

It is just a tad quiet round these parts lately. Whilst I don't contibute loads to threads cos I'm not that technically minded and some of what you guys talk about goes way over my head I do like reading about stuff. It lets me get to know my willy better :shock:

Also its more welcoming on here than say other sites. As I say whilst I don't post often when I do there is always someone there to help whose main aim isn't to try and catch me out or make me feel silly. :)

If there were more meets up North I would make an effort to get to them, but there don't seem to many of us in Yorkshire/North East.

Aw well I guess Northy is playing with his new toy whilst dressed like a power ranger :lol:

Carole Anne

i think its more than 1 bike hes more into at mo tbh. ;)

the site has been gradually going downhill for years, the meets are a joke, have been for years,.

there are a few members oooooooop north that do still attend the meets, in the cars the meets are organised for, but most seem intent on bringing their trailer towing cars instead.

the main reason for the meets disappearing i think tbh.

simonr85
25-11-2008, 14:47
im up north in Preston and want to come to meets but usually they are put up at last minutes notice and/or are too far to get there without setting off too early if i know where it is, ie muscrat manor meets??? where is that??? id never heard of it b4 so deffo wudnt find it.

2 live
25-11-2008, 14:52
muscrat meets were pretty crap tbh. park up, go for summat to eat.....go home.

the days of turning up for a meet at 8 am n not getting back hamoe til gone 5 pm are long gone.

we used to do te trafford ctr meets for a long long time, brun usually organised these. usually same tho, paark up, chat for a couple hours, go home.

the peaks, cat n fiddle, snake pass runs and the members local routes meets were probably the best of the lot.

simonr85
25-11-2008, 14:55
if any of you have driven the trough of bowland that is a nice good drive and i know of a member on here who goes up there for a saturday blast, im sure he wudnt mind more people tagging along and making a day of it, im sure its an ex RAC stage too,

id be up for snakes pass, i love it down there, yet to tackle it in the willy :wink:

fasterthanjesus
25-11-2008, 15:14
im 6 minutes from the trough. theres a good burger van there too!

i reckon theres a mini meet due with simon matrix and me due.

all others welcome.

!

simonr85
25-11-2008, 15:22
as soon as my alternator is fixed im up for that, you and matrix are from lancaster way, and there is a lad called lee from Preston with a williams 3 up for coming too,

:o good food from the burger van???? last time i went up there they didnt look to appetising :lol:

fasterthanjesus
25-11-2008, 15:30
i stand corrected.

the burger van was good. the food wasnt.

simonr85
25-11-2008, 16:00
that sounds more like it! the burgers looked mingin

2 live
25-11-2008, 17:05
hehe. not been over the trough since i had the mini..in my physcodelic days lol.

used to love that road.

J o n
25-11-2008, 17:12
I'd be up for that... the drive, not the typhoid trailer!

Carole Anne
25-11-2008, 17:24
Where is the trough? :oops:

Buttertubs in the Yorkshire Dales is a good drive out but prob a bit far far for most of you lot.

busterhymes
25-11-2008, 17:57
trough in lancs not far from lancaster, dales pretty close to the lancs lads :wink:

simonr85
25-11-2008, 19:11
lets get it organised then. not this weekend tho as need to fix my alternater first :cry:, plus it gives others a bit more notice :lol:

2 live
25-11-2008, 19:25
can only do 1 weekend in 2 as i have the kids. obviously not goin on a spirited drive with them in lol

white16valver
25-11-2008, 20:07
I'd do meets if a) the car was actually running spot on for a change :roll: b) I had some money for petrol, and c) if any of you lot lived near me... lol

FATBOY
25-11-2008, 20:32
well he isnt to far away. he only posted last saturday(15th)

Quinster
25-11-2008, 21:52
Hiya,

I am Lee from Preston the lad Simon mentioned above. I have just recently completed my Williams 3 restoration and each Saturday go and do what it was built for, drive it on top roads! :D I need this fix as i drive a micra during the week :oops:

Anyway if anybody ever wants to hook up that would be good. I set off from Preston at 930am and head for Longridge, then Slaidburn and onto the Ribble Head via duct via Settle. I then go through Ingleton, Caton and on to Scorton for food.

Maybe we could meet at Guys Italian Restaurant on the A6 and go from there?

Just let me know. If you can't get hold of me then Simon85 has my mob number. Lee.

Danno
25-11-2008, 22:51
as above, a bit of notice and I'm up for it....... :D

Carole Anne
25-11-2008, 23:05
trough in lancs not far from lancaster, dales pretty close to the lancs lads :wink:

I'm rubbish at geography, directions and that well I am a bird :roll:

Lancs isn't too bad to get to from York so would be up for a meet.

I didn't mean to start a mutiny when I started this thread :oops:

But it is good to see the enthusiam for meets etc.

Carole Anne

2 live
25-11-2008, 23:54
tbf . a lot of ppl say theyl turn up at meets, but then dont bother.

if i can make a meet tho il b there. could do with getting to know it a bit better again, im usually driving the van lol.

cliorod
26-11-2008, 07:41
Hi SIMONR85 ~~ I am afraid you are incorrect over the Trough of Bowland :oops: :oops: .It was NOT used on an RAC Rally , :cry: :cry: However in the Forest near Copy Nook ( Gisburn Forest) :wink: :twisted: :roll: ,That was used I think it was 1983,I was marshalling :lol: :roll: :lol: .
My mate Ian Grindrod was co~driving for the late great Tony Pond in the works Lotus Sunbeam.The entrance to the stage was on the right hand side,going North,approx 2miles after going over "Stocks" reservoir.
It has been used for rallying since though :twisted: :evil: The Silva Stages used it quite a lot.
More recently M .SPORT use it for testing ~~ good to go and see,if you get to know about it :roll: :lol:

simonr85
26-11-2008, 10:08
Hiya,

I am Lee from Preston the lad Simon mentioned above. I have just recently completed my Williams 3 restoration and each Saturday go and do what it was built for, drive it on top roads! :D I need this fix as i drive a micra during the week :oops:

Anyway if anybody ever wants to hook up that would be good. I set off from Preston at 930am and head for Longridge, then Slaidburn and onto the Ribble Head via duct via Settle. I then go through Ingleton, Caton and on to Scorton for food.

Maybe we could meet at Guys Italian Restaurant on the A6 and go from there?

Just let me know. If you can't get hold of me then Simon85 has my mob number. Lee.

As soon as my car is sorted, il give you a ring, im up for this and we will post up in the local meets section to see if anyone wants to join us.

Carole Anne
26-11-2008, 10:40
Yay :D

I am a meet virgin :oops: would definitely come to one if I can make it.

J o n
26-11-2008, 11:45
I'll be up for a meet deffo, not sure about the drive... depends if it's coilover friendly... and if 2 live wants to take some damping off for me ;) lol

fasterthanjesus
26-11-2008, 12:09
where abouts in scorton do you eat?

it may be easier to set off from tickle trout preston as most people on the planet know where that is.

dec 7th sounds good for this. not sure about anybody else?

simonr85
26-11-2008, 12:38
december 7th sounds good to me, il get a post wacked up now in local meets, hopefully that gives me time to get the willy fixed!

J o n
26-11-2008, 12:43
depends what time on the 7th... 6th is Manny Pac and DeLaHoya fight night and I wont miss a big fight

simonr85
26-11-2008, 12:48
Meet Details - Sunday 7th Dec (http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332157#332157)

col
05-12-2008, 21:26
Where is northy?...........Ive paid the guy for stickers and not one reply. Ok weve all got probs ,but just send one message,i dont mind waiting , otherwise its the big stick paypal..argh............. :(

Justin..
05-12-2008, 21:27
:(

this site needs new Staff TBH!!

richy
05-12-2008, 21:43
sorry fellas, i cant do anything about the stickers, i did let northy know and some have been sent stickers so hopefully you will get some!

FATBOY
05-12-2008, 23:29
let me contact northy again. dont worry people. you will get what you paid for.

BRUN
06-12-2008, 09:47
tbf . a lot of ppl say theyl turn up at meets, but then dont bother.

very true !!!

LEIGH-ANNE
06-12-2008, 16:07
I got a reply from northy the next day i wrote to him :?

FATBOY
06-12-2008, 17:22
as in PM or snail mail????

LEIGH-ANNE
06-12-2008, 17:24
Whats snail mail when its at home? lol

Coops
06-12-2008, 17:35
lol, the royal mail loser :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
06-12-2008, 17:58
Ah lol - Why would i have wrote him a letter lol....

Na it were on face****..... :wink:

MatBrown
06-12-2008, 18:47

Is that a volunteer? :wink:

Mat.

Justin..
06-12-2008, 18:52
lol, i would if knew anything about it. i could learn i guess :lol:

Wobba
06-12-2008, 20:14
hmmm I'd be tempted to help out as I am here a lot and very enthusiastic :D

Wobba
06-12-2008, 20:15
hmmm I'd be tempted to help out as I am here a lot and very enthusiastic :D

Still a relative newb compared to some guys though!

FATBOY
06-12-2008, 20:40

whats wrong justin??? your more than welcome to air your grieveances with us. and we do take peoples feedback seriously

BRUN
06-12-2008, 21:38
fao: anyone wanting to get involved with the running of this place

its a LOT harder than you might think !

i used to be area rep for cliosport, and it takes up a fair amount of your free time, you get people dropping like flys at the last minute of anything you organise, and pleasing everyone is an impossibility

i say give Northy a break, he might just be busy lately with other things, im sure he will give his input on this soon, and i also dont think he would mind in the slightest if anyone organised a meet, get things rolling again

richy
06-12-2008, 21:40
yeah being a area rep is awkward, could only ever get about 4/5ppl to a meet! get the usual.... yeah im going but dont turn up crowd!!

Daz.
06-12-2008, 21:51
I asked to be part of the 'crew' and didn't even get a reply.

richy
06-12-2008, 21:53
who did u ask?

Jamie.
06-12-2008, 21:58
I hardly come on here anymore it's just so dead.

I also think that the reg thing should be sorted as I know of some people having difficulty.

Maybe a rebrand and some new admin is neccessary to get ppl back on the site?

How much are we having to pay pcm for site fee's?

Carole Anne
06-12-2008, 22:59
Did get my stickers from Northy this week :D

And hopefully going to meet up with some from NW tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind helping where I can, area rep or something although don't seem to be many of us over this way :?

1995clio16v
06-12-2008, 23:16
to get ppl back on the site?

Was it that busy years back??

Jamie.
06-12-2008, 23:19
When I first joined there was alot more activity, enough to keep you busy on view posts since last visit.

Now theres about 15 or 20 new posts a day.

1995clio16v
06-12-2008, 23:23
Personally I dont think the site needs any modifying to get ppl back, I just think at the end of the day people move on, new cars, different cars, ppl grow out of these types of cars etc..

Just look at how many williams and 16vs are on autotrader today you'll be lucky if you have a handful, same on ebay etc

Would be nice to have new colours added to the site i suppose, wouldt do any harm

8)

1995clio16v
06-12-2008, 23:28
I hardly come on here anymore it's just so dead.

I also think that the reg thing should be sorted as I know of some people having difficulty.

Maybe a rebrand and some new admin is neccessary to get ppl back on the site?

How much are we having to pay pcm for site fee's?

Id imagine less than £20 a month for the server, maybe less than a tenner, the site wont need a dedicated server as it wont get the sort of traffic that requires a dedicated server.

The site software is free, from the open source forum website

http://www.phpbb.com/

But the thing is, there are frequent updates which is very time consuming to keep on top of I think.

I think most forums use the above, not sure whether this uses the above

:o

FATBOY
07-12-2008, 00:00
ive been in contact with northy today. and he should be on here tomorrow. as far as hes told me, hes been way too busy lately.

Daz.
07-12-2008, 11:45
less willys on the road means less owners means less posts!

even if there was only 25 left on the road doesn't mean all 25 owners would be posting on the forum, I quite like the fact theres not a million posts to read if you miss a day or two, quality not quantity!

Although my posts are usually a load of tosh :lol:

richy
07-12-2008, 11:48
you also tend to find the average age of williams owners is older then that of the 16vs due to insurence mainly id say, plus combined with there being less williams about you wont get as many owners/posters and more likely to find less tosh lol

Tommo
07-12-2008, 14:07
I'm still around, although I'm more of a reader than poster these days. I do think the site is due an overhaul, looking very dated and some of the area reps and moderators hardly come on here anymore (gaztwo, bighp??) so I think some new staff would improve things and keep the site moving forward. A forum layout similar to CS would be nice, they are always improving and updating the site to keep it looking fresh...

Jamie.
07-12-2008, 15:33
you also tend to find the average age of williams owners is older then that of the 16vs due to insurence mainly id say, plus combined with there being less williams about you wont get as many owners/posters and more likely to find less tosh lol

Yeh thats a really valid point.

Those of us which still come on here have been doing for a few years ago now.

When I first got the Williams I was 21 and will be turning 25 in a few months.

You must be heading toward 30 now! :wink:

Jamie.
07-12-2008, 15:34
I'm still around, although I'm more of a reader than poster these days. I do think the site is due an overhaul, looking very dated and some of the area reps and moderators hardly come on here anymore (gaztwo, bighp??) so I think some new staff would improve things and keep the site moving forward. A forum layout similar to CS would be nice, they are always improving and updating the site to keep it looking fresh...

CS is a bad example as the number of members is phenomenal - they must have brilliant cash flow so is easier to make updates.

Would like to see an overall as it does feel pretty old now.

richy
07-12-2008, 15:58

Yeh thats a really valid point.

Those of us which still come on here have been doing for a few years ago now.

When I first got the Williams I was 21 and will be turning 25 in a few months.

You must be heading toward 30 now! :wink:

lol almost 27!! bought my williams just after turning 22 so a few year ago now!!

talkingfish
07-12-2008, 18:19
I bought my first Willy (0101) in 2000 - so must be some sort of veteran now.... I'm willing to help out if anything new with the club is required!!!

FATBOY
07-12-2008, 18:53
got my williams on 14/2/04 when i was 26. will have had her for 5 years in just over 2 months time!

Tommo
07-12-2008, 19:37

CS is a bad example as the number of members is phenomenal - they must have brilliant cash flow so is easier to make updates.

Would like to see an overall as it does feel pretty old now.

I meant the forum layout, not the members, I think there is a nice number of regular posters on here tbh, as Daz said, it's quality, not quantity.... :)

Daz.
07-12-2008, 19:38
I'm 27 after xmas, never owned any other cars other than valvers and willys!

drsmith1979
08-12-2008, 09:14
CS is full of nob jockey's though, there are the odd genuine and original style members, but there are wayyyy too many threads about mens straightening irons and 'does my bum look big in this' style threads!...

The average age must be in the teens right about now... i use it simply for the sport chat as there are a number of regulars in there who have the banter and fun and its quite amusing.... but for the most part i will avoid the other threads simply to protect my eyes from the Chav BS that proliferates its pages......

This forum is only as good as its members, and that is pretty good! the design could be updated etc.. but to be fair, the info is all there and the knowledge too so its all good!

2 live
08-12-2008, 17:27
think thats part of the point mate. a lot of the knowledge has either got bored with lack of anything happening on here, and left, got bored of answering the same old questions for the millionth time, and rarely posts, or like the chuckle bros. jus upped n fukt off......gotta spend time readying the track car for its next outing in a few months. ;)

drsmith1979
09-12-2008, 23:06
Yeah i can see your point Jon, it would be nice to hand the reigns over to someone else who can move things along a little. I think we need an FAQ section with revamped questions that people HAVE to read before posting the same old shite etc....

But in defense of this, the Search function of this current set up is more than a little vague! haha... so sometimes asking is the only sane way of getting an answer in less than 4 weeks!..

How are the cars coming along? im missing my Williams at the moment, although the tuned TT is making up for it, 4 wheel drive in shite weather, aftermarket remap, downpipe and DV, intake and wheels = lots of fun! haha... shame its the wifes daily driver though huh?!!.....

Oh by the way, im an officialy US permanent resident now! citizen in 3 more years! ;o)

2 live
09-12-2008, 23:28
good on ya mate. glad to hear things are goin well for ya.

cars are goin ok...lol..need a little tlc but hey....... goin well enough lol

dont really use the search function, but the edit thing does my head in lol. the site does need some kinda revamp i think.

rob-legend
09-12-2008, 23:54
I agree about the CS comment, that site is full of tossers who mock you over valid questions and points. The thing with this site compared to CS and c16v is that it is very close knit and very friendly, which is it's biggest downfall and much as its upside, i feel like I personally know people on I here that I've never met, its a great site to use, but progressing it could prove quite difficult though, but could well be great!

rob-legend
09-12-2008, 23:58
Also I'd just like to say I'm 21 and I've had the willy nearly 3 years now and I'd just like to thank this site and its members for awesome support over that time! And even if this site doesnt change, I hope we and it continues to give that level of help to newer people to come!

Sorry for that gay speech, but I hope other people feel the same way. 8)

16v_paddy
10-12-2008, 00:52
:goodposting:

LEIGH-ANNE
10-12-2008, 14:31
Hi, my names leighanne, im 24 and err.....ive had this addiction for a little while now.....had the car 2 years this christmas...

:D :wink:

fasterthanjesus
10-12-2008, 15:59
i wouldnt be taking the car to australia without the assistance of this sites technical knowledge.

(and matt browns worldwide delivery service). :wink:

16v_paddy
10-12-2008, 19:47
Hi, my names leighanne, im 24 and err.....ive had this addiction for a little while now.....had the car 2 years this christmas...

:D :wink:

Since you're turning this into an AA themed thread :roll: :lol:

Hi, I'm Lee and I will have had my valver for 2 years in Feb, it makes me go... =P~ :x [-X [-o< 8-[ :twisted: :argue: :confused: :shock: :driving: :cry: :helpsmile: lots of this :censored: :censored: :censored: :whip: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :rally: :gears: :toolbox: :rant: :tease:

richy
18-12-2008, 22:35
bump for northy!!!!!!!!!!

Coops
18-12-2008, 22:38
indeed, he's snuck back, where the **** have u been northrop :?

16v_paddy
18-12-2008, 22:38
bump for northy!!!!!!!!!!

Has it been another week already? :shock:

how long would it take to get squatters rights to his cup car? :-k

richy
18-12-2008, 22:43
lol a week or 2??

Daz.
19-12-2008, 09:12
lol a week or 2??

**** that I reckon we get it now - I'll let you have first go rich :D

LEIGH-ANNE
19-12-2008, 12:16
Has he got a helmet net in the back??

Andy
22-12-2008, 20:37
not been on for a while 3 posts down i see this thread lol

looks like nothing changes folk still moaning on and on

so im off again 2 lives need your number you too jesus

2 live
23-12-2008, 16:29
fukkin ell........stranger

u still letting 0171 sit there n rot?

northy
27-01-2009, 23:07
0171 is still taking pride on my drive 2live lol, seams a shame to move it now lol

J o n
28-01-2009, 12:22
hows it coming along Rich, almost there surely?

northy
28-01-2009, 22:06
getting there pal - alot of weekends working but nothing to show for it.

still the same when u last came over in all honesty lol