PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried this brake kit from KTR?

Wobba
19-11-2008, 17:23
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2392

I want some carbone lorraine pads anyway to test. Would like some discs too, would this be any good, and has anyone bought them? What are the discs like?

Totti
19-11-2008, 17:39
I have carbone lorraine pads on my 172 and they are pretty good. I use brembo max disc's with them and it stops pretty well. You are more than welcome to come and drive it and see what you think.

Wobba
19-11-2008, 17:49
You are more than welcome to come and drive it and see what you think.

Har Har! You'll regret that :D

Thanks tho mate. Welcome to test mine, tracking is a bit out at mo but other than that it's solid now.

Totti
19-11-2008, 18:03
The dust that comes off the pads kills your wheels. My Williams wheels that are on the 172 are burnt/covered in brake dust and it just wont come off.

Justin..
19-11-2008, 19:27
fook paying that much for pads for OE calipers ...

ferodo do some good pads, DS

i had some and rate them

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3724629

Wobba
19-11-2008, 19:36
The dust that comes off the pads kills your wheels. My Williams wheels that are on the 172 are burnt/covered in brake dust and it just wont come off.

That's a bummer as I am looking at getting mine refurbed soonish...

Totti
20-11-2008, 00:53

Mine are Artic Chav White though so it makes it stand out a lot more.

eternalife
20-11-2008, 02:27

:lol:

Wobba
20-11-2008, 10:32

And mine are chav Argos Gold :D They will suffer with heavy brake deposits :( I'll have to have a try of yer car though and have a look, thanks J.

Totti
20-11-2008, 13:30

And mine are chav Argos Gold :D They will suffer with heavy brake deposits :( I'll have to have a try of yer car though and have a look, thanks J.

Elizabeth Duke? Classy!

white16valver
20-11-2008, 14:46
Pagid Blue pads are good and pretty low dust :)

Wobba
25-11-2008, 00:40
Pagid Blue pads are good and pretty low dust :)

I have heard this. I may try these too.

Considering a full caliper upgrade but I am not sure if it is worth it for my car which is a daily runner. Have otehr things to consider so may save cash till I decide: Roll cage and bucket seats on the list at mo too along with wheel refurb and headwork possibly later on...but not for a while.