PDA

View Full Version : willys not happy...

Daz.
17-11-2008, 17:32
I had an issue with cold idle a while back but its come back even worse now, will stall all the time when dipping clutch when cold. after that goes away now though it kangaroos like a good un when hot!!!

slowing down for traffic take foot off all pedals and the car naturally slows down as normal but then has a fit, speeds up slows down again again etc...

Whats that all about then??!

Smudger
17-11-2008, 17:34
sounds normal to me lol. im looking forward to my second winter of the williams driving like this lol

Matty86
17-11-2008, 17:45
replaced the lambda?

Daz.
17-11-2008, 19:15
Lamda's fine and its had a new cts recently which looked to have cured it at first..

Notice the speedo wobble is very bad these days upto 40 odd mph guess it wouldn't hurt swapping this??

Daz.
18-11-2008, 07:43
grr stalled 4 times on the way home :x

BRUN
18-11-2008, 07:56
cleaned the idle control valve before ?

Daz.
18-11-2008, 08:17
cleaned the idle control valve before ?

Never :oops:

Smudger
18-11-2008, 10:49
one thing i had to sort on mine was a loose connection of the plug that fits to the top of the ISCV.

Might be worth checking that aswell when your cleaning it out

Coops
18-11-2008, 22:09
loose connection to the CTS mate, check the connector not the sensor, clip may be worn or cracked etc, connectors corroded inside the plug or similar, mine does the same, when i leave it to idle revs drop very very low, then either it cuts out or recovers and revs drop etc etc in cyclic fashion, but if i wiggle cts connector it stops it. can also just wiggle the connector gently if idle is normal when cold and see if it effects the idle speed

Daz.
19-11-2008, 07:39
loose connection to the CTS mate, check the connector not the sensor, clip may be worn or cracked etc, connectors corroded inside the plug or similar, mine does the same, when i leave it to idle revs drop very very low, then either it cuts out or recovers and revs drop etc etc in cyclic fashion, but if i wiggle cts connector it stops it. can also just wiggle the connector gently if idle is normal when cold and see if it effects the idle speed

Good shout I'll give that a crack - whats the fix then new plug?

Smudger
19-11-2008, 12:39
thats a good shout Coops,

had my CTS changed a little while ago and i still get the odd running prob and when i wiggle the lead/connector it sorts itself out. Might just cut the connector off and put new connectors on it

MikeTCB
19-11-2008, 13:15
I had this for a little while soon after I bought the Williams. Sorry for asking a stupid question but what is the CTS sensor and whereabouts is it located? Will be handy in case the problem comes back.

Smudger
19-11-2008, 17:24
Cold Start Temp Sensor or otherwise know as the Coolant Temp Sensor

Its situated on the side of the head just under the distributor.

drsmith1979
19-11-2008, 20:51
as coops suggests, sometimes the connections get loose or slightly dirty, makesure they are tight and away you go.... also double check your lambda is actually connected, mine worked loose twice!

Coops
20-11-2008, 00:04

Good shout I'll give that a crack - whats the fix then new plug?

yes mate, or pikie it and zip tie it on, thats my plan when i find the damn small zip ties in the toolbox, god knows where they went :roll: :lol: