PDA

View Full Version : NEED AMP AND SPEAKER HELP!!!

FATBOY
28-06-2005, 21:21
right peeps i have just bought a sony minidisc head unit and 10 disc multichanger of my mate for £50 which i thought was a bargain! but im having trouble wiring it up! ive connected the amp,changer,and headunit wiring ok(i think) but i cant wire up the front speakers???? the connectors for the speakers on the back of the head unit are like this:-

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/fatboy78/Image147.jpg

theres 2 of them connectors and in one of them connectors ive run the wires to the amp for the subs, but the other connector ive just gone and snipped it off and tried to connect the front speaker wires the the bare wires in the picture but **** all is working???? any help please!!!

scotte666
28-06-2005, 21:42
u got a pic of the whole sony loom mate

scotte666
28-06-2005, 21:44
reading ur post mate i dont really understand what u done...where does that connector plug into?

katbloke
28-06-2005, 21:48
That looks like a ye olde worlde speaker connection flat piece then a round small piece that connect straight to the head unit, 1 for front one for the rear as there are four cables to each front - and + left/right and rear + - left/right

theoretically when ya get the combo of +- right you should get a sound

FATBOY
28-06-2005, 21:49
dunno if this helps mate! but theres 3 of them twin jacks! one pair says rear the other says back and the other says cd aux power(this one is defo for the cd changer) but looking at it does it mean ive got to run my front speakers thru my amp as well???

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/fatboy78/kjij.jpg

katbloke
28-06-2005, 21:53
how you wire the amp is your choice all four from a four channel amp or a sub from a 2 channel amp depends how many preouts your head unit has, do you have a model number for the head unit will google for wiring and specs

FATBOY
28-06-2005, 21:54
to make it sound simpler! all that comes of the back of the headunit are the positive,earth,remote,memory, and 3 of these twin phono jacks!(2 of these are for the speakers,cos they say front and rear on them) but my car door speakers dont have the phono jack leads???

FATBOY
28-06-2005, 21:56
SONY MDX-U1RDS
hope that helps

katbloke
28-06-2005, 22:02
Those connectors are Front and rear preamp outputs if ya only wanna amp the rears then run your rca leads from the rear preamp to the rear input of your amp then wire speakers from the amp terminals, with regards to the front you will need to match front +- to the connection block, keep playing till you get a sound is all i can suggest shouldnt do any damage testing the wires.

FATBOY
28-06-2005, 22:04
thing is tho mate all i have running from the headunit are 2 premap outputs jacks! so no matter what i will have to run the front speakers thru the amp????

katbloke
28-06-2005, 22:22
if all you have are pramps then yes all 4 cabion speakers will need to be fed through amplifier

FATBOY
28-06-2005, 22:25
hmmmmmmmmm and all the amp has is just the 2 input for the jack leads! i need a bigger amp then! cos im runnin twin 10" subs in the rear.spose i could bodge it up for now??? lol

BRUN
30-06-2005, 00:12
are those really pre outs though or are they just hi-level to RCA connectors ?

the speakers might work wired to whatever wires are going into those adapters.....i.e not using the adapters

FATBOY
30-06-2005, 11:36
tried that! i snipped one of them jacks of the back of the headunit and just tried to wire it straight to the speaker wires but no joy!