PDA

View Full Version : Williams Oil Pressure

darkfibre
02-11-2008, 18:39
I know this has been covered a gabillion times before...I have been searching for the past 50-60 mins but haven't come across anything concrete.

Can anyone tell me what levels of pressure I should expect when:

Idle cold
Idle hot (80-100 degs)

Accelerating when cold
Accelerating when hot (80-100 degs)

It has just had a full service with oil and filter change. It seems that my pressure gauge takes quite a while to settle down to 2.5-3 bar from around 5-6 bar when driving normally (30-40mph). When I'm in neutral, the bar settles down. When I gradually accelerate the bar shoots up to the high ranges.

Before the service the gauge used to settle down to about 3 whilst driving normally, but would increase in pressure when accelerating, but not at the rate it's doing now.

Is this supposed to be happening?

franksvalver
03-11-2008, 00:30
Oil too thick?

Over filled?

Robb
03-11-2008, 02:35
The higher the pressure the better typically. Mine is 3 bar on cold idle and 5-6 bar at 3k (60mph)

When warm my idle is 1 bar and 3 bar just driving normally.

drsmith1979
03-11-2008, 03:27
As suggested, good oil pressure is nothing to worry about! haha just remember the oil pressure sensors are really indicators and not too accurate, it may be they used a cheaper oil or maybe one which is a little more viscous at lower temps.... all in all i wouldn't worry until oil spits out of your dip stick or out of your oil filter like one member on here! :lol:

darkfibre
03-11-2008, 08:59
...all in all i wouldn't worry until oil spits out of your dip stick or out of your oil filter like one member on here! :lol:

WT...lol...thanks for the heads up on some future entertainment!!! :lol: