PDA

View Full Version : turn my williams into a track car?

rickyquicky
02-11-2008, 16:21
hi everyone, haven't been on the forums for a while ive been on a 6 month been and its a bit depressing talking cars when you havent got one!!!

my williams 2 has sat on my drive for the last 4 months and im thinking about turning it into a weekend toy car maybe track days etc. and buying a daily driver.

i'd want to spend no more than 500-1000 on making it better as a toy car, im thinking strip out all interior, 2 bucket seats, no spare wheel.

would this be half-decent and make a noticeable difference? can i turn this into a bit of a weapon quite cheaply? or am i better off just selling the thing?

2 live
02-11-2008, 20:28
one of the most capable track cars out there tbh mate imho. and for the money.

i got a pair of buckets with harnesses off ebay v. cheap, stripped the car of all un necessary bits, and had huge fun. lol

go for it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mWiV5zFTbys

rickyquicky
03-11-2008, 01:51
cheers mate, watched the vid yours dont sound standard tho, or is that just lack of sound-deadening?

rickyquicky
03-11-2008, 01:53
whats the handling difference with all the weight loss by the way?

im thinking that most weight reduction is coming out the rear eg rear seats, spare wheel etc does this upset the handling?

drsmith1979
03-11-2008, 03:15
IT also helps that 2Live is a mental driver haha......

and it seems to run in the family too!

Do a quick search and if you are a paid up member check out the 'projects' section as there are a some very good detailed picture blogs to look through!

2 live
04-11-2008, 22:30
cheers mate, watched the vid yours dont sound standard tho, or is that just lack of sound-deadening?

car has all sound deadening removed, and a huge hole in the floor under the pass seat.......dont tell jesus ......he was worried enough at spa as it is lol ;)...... altho it also has the benefit of slightly uprated(alledgedly, well they havent broke ...........yet lol) kent cams and a remapped ecu, avo coilovers.

with picking the parts up here n there, and doing the work myself, car stands me at not a lot and is quite capable of upsetting a few things. makes for a lot of fun anyway lol.

handling wise, the weight out of the back does make it a little twitchier, but dropping it a bit will compensate for that.

rickyquicky
05-11-2008, 13:39
thanks for the info mate.

just need to decide what to do now....strip it and lock it away or make it look nice and sell

decisions ay?

2 live
05-11-2008, 21:16
IT also helps that 2Live is a mental driver haha......

and it seems to run in the family too!

Do a quick search and if you are a paid up member check out the 'projects' section as there are a some very good detailed picture blogs to look through!

oi........i m not mental lol.. i just know my car pretty well and know what it is and isnt capable of. ;)